C4 Forums | Control4

Axis Gear

58 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

I have used one in my house - works!  a bit loud and slow but...cheaper than replacing the non-motorized shades.  Haven't tried doing groups of shades yet since I only have one.

Thinking if getting 6 of these to some floor to ceiling shades.  How well do they integrate (eg can I control discrete blind levels, change the shade on the phone app and have it show up in navigator,etc)?  Anyway you could post a vid of them working with c4?

It’s very expensive compared to RTS Somfi in-wall retrofit pucks!! They cost €40 a piece and with URTSII $200 16 channel unit integration to C4 is a snap and works incredibly well, even with the free driver ... Somfi Motors are affordable as well, I believe a TCO excel sheet will make the purchase decision at the end ...

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 3:36 PM, Amr said:

It’s very expensive compared to RTS Somfi in-wall retrofit pucks!! They cost €40 a piece and with URTSII $200 16 channel unit integration to C4 is a snap and works incredibly well, even with the free driver ... Somfi Motors are affordable as well, I believe a TCO excel sheet will make the purchase decision at the end ...

What are these pucks you are talking about?  And how much do they cost?  I just bought the AXIS gear for $250 and it's very, very slow.  Thinking of returning it.  But I thought that was my only option if I didn't want to get a new shade.  Is there some other option that I don't know about that is also economical?

These are Somfy RTS Micro Receivers for shutters, works if you have regular somfy blinds/shutters in the first place and u need to control them wirelessly and via C4 as well. In you case nothing else available with a C4 driver.

• 4 weeks later...

Had two of these fitted on Friday and yes they do the job ~ cheap and cheerful 

Wife is happy which is half the battle and my dealer like them 

need to do everything by the app before trying to add to C4 ~ that cost us about hours

over-wise  easy to install and programme 

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have 3 installed and 1 still in the box.  I am taking them out. In my experience/set up  the chain kept breaking, It would hold for a week and then break at the point where it is connected. Not sure if my shades are too heavy.

So if any one wants to purchase PM me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 4:03 PM, Gary Leeds UK said:

No problem we have about 5 working well - Had them for over a year - All work on on C4 

Hi, I finally connected my 6 Axis gears to C4.
I do have one issue that I wonder if others have seen this.

Once you configure the gears in smart home mode, then paired with C4, if you need to reconfigure the fully open/close points, you need to switch them make to native (non smart home) mode.

Then when you switch back to smart home mode, you loose connectivity with C4. You’ll need to contact your dealer/remote installer to re-pair them. I never had this issue when I used smart things as my automation hub.

Have you seen this with your setup? Can you try it?

thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Great thanks.

Does this work if the device is in smart home mode? Have you been able to reconfigure while in smart home mode without loosing connectivity?

Also, does power cycling also effect connectivity?

thanks again.

3 hours ago, AtlantaSteven said:

Great thanks.

Does this work if the device is in smart home mode? Have you been able to reconfigure while in smart home mode without loosing connectivity?

Also, does power cycling also effect connectivity?

thanks again.

Yes done it a couple of times 

When the Batteries start to go you will see them flash Red and get a bit and miss on Programming. 

When we changed the batteries they were still connected to C4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.