C4 Forums | Control4

Sending commands TO Google. Any workarounds?

jlemonakis

I use a series of Chromecast audios for multi-room audio as well as Google home minis for voice control. I have no problem controlling Control4 with Google using chowmain's driver but only in that direction. Has anyone come up with a workaround or custom solution (even writing your own actions driver) to push commands to Chromecast devices or Google devices in general? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/30/2020 at 11:34 AM, zaphod said:

It appears that this uses HTTP POST commands so you should be able to send those commands using the TCP/IP generic driver.

In an ideal world someone would write a driver so that C4 could directly send those commands.

I've been trying to figure out how to make it work with C4 but haven't been able to yet because it uses OAUTH. How do you send post commands through C4 when there's a bearer token used?

Using Chowmain's driver it looks like I should just be able to put all of the info in as a giant data block but I'm not sure how to get the formatting right. Has anyone had any luck with authenticated HTTP post commands elsewhere and how did you accomplish this? I use HTTP Get on 99% of everything else which doesn't require the same level of auth or return any info back. 

2 hours ago, jlemonakis said:

I've been trying to figure out how to make it work with C4 but haven't been able to yet because it uses OAUTH. How do you send post commands through C4 when there's a bearer token used?

Using Chowmain's driver it looks like I should just be able to put all of the info in as a giant data block but I'm not sure how to get the formatting right. Has anyone had any luck with authenticated HTTP post commands elsewhere and how did you accomplish this? I use HTTP Get on 99% of everything else which doesn't require the same level of auth or return any info back. 

I wish I knew how to do this as well.  I think I may have asked Alan this in the past (in the thread on this driver) as I have wanted to do this to be able to send commands to the Tesla API to do stuff like turn on my car's climate control or start it charging.  Certainly C4 drivers must be able to do this as bearer tokens are very common in APIs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.