istreich

Controller trying to connect to blocked IP address

I have a firewall that is blocking a connection from my main C4 controller to the IP address 50.63.202.68:443. I tried to look it up but could not find useful details.

Does anyone know if it is legit and why my controller tries to connect to this server. I can whitelist the address and want to check first.

Thanks

Best I can deduce is that it's a server hosting multiple sites.

Could be C4 itself, usual check in, could be drivercentral.io, could be blackwire....(in other words a driver checking on license) ...

Maybe @Cinegration or @Kevin L can confirm or deny the last two options.

Don’t let it access, see below, what had left it

No Not Working Website Last Known Website IP Address Last Known Website IPv6 Address Host was Country Date when site used this IP
1 youcallgirls.com 50.63.202.68   ip-50-63-202-68.ip.secureserver.net USA 14 Nov 2016

On 5/2/2019 at 3:33 PM, istreich said:

I have a firewall that is blocking a connection from my main C4 controller to the IP address 50.63.202.68:443. I tried to look it up but could not find useful details.

Does anyone know if it is legit and why my controller tries to connect to this server. I can whitelist the address and want to check first.

Thanks

Block it and see what service is affected, knowing that will let you decide it’s legitimacy.