C4 Forums | Control4

Backlighting on Keypads/Dimmers/Switches

Were you able to get any love from C4 on a warranty resolution?  Man that's frustrating. 

I have a few 3-4 gangs where I'm concerned this will be an issue. Fingers crossed we'll get it figured out but I won't even have backlighting set up until I do the engravings so who knows how far out that will be.

2 minutes ago, Jakelay said:

Were you able to get any love from C4 on a warranty resolution?  Man that's frustrating. 

I have a few 3-4 gangs where I'm concerned this will be an issue. Fingers crossed we'll get it figured out but I won't even have backlighting set up until I do the engravings so who knows how far out that will be.

its not a warranty issue

its a design/defect issue.

Shame it's not acknowledged.  Also troubling I hadn't found this until yesterday while I'm already getting my lights installed.

Well, I'm in the water so I guess I'll swim and see what happens.

Sorry again for your issues . . . fingers crossed!

1 minute ago, Jakelay said:

Shame it's not acknowledged.  Also troubling I hadn't found this until yesterday while I'm already getting my lights installed.

Well, I'm in the water so I guess I'll swim and see what happens.

Sorry again for your issues . . . fingers crossed!

well they did acknowledge it (not publicly since end users arent their customers, so maybe a blast went out to dealers) which is why the newer lights you'll be getting come with a black sensor bar vs a clear one.  that said, its better, but still not up for prime time if you ask me.  I have black sensor bars.  I tried 3-4 different multi gang banks in my house, the black sensor bar made a slight change but not enough to warrant changing out all of my other sensor bars and going with the programming because it was still too uneven.  if it were slightly off I'd move on but its really not, it looks bad to the point like I said we only use it when the alarm is on and no guests are over.

• 4 months later...

(As I mentioned in another thread, I'm new to C4 as of the past few months.)

This is a big issue, and in a strange way, I'm glad pre-reading/researching this forum prepared me for it. I have about 150 lighting devices in the house and the issue is everywhere. Odd that C4 nailed it with nearly all aspects of the lighting product but has let this linger (given how critical it is to many). Even odder that the frequently-mentioned solution of allowing 'averaging' or programming based on multiple sensor readings hasn't been implemented (as it's seemingly cheaper/easier than the hardware change). I appreciate the solution of reverting to TOD or other programming, but that defeats the purpose of having (and paying) for all these ambient light sensors, including the aesthetic of the latest 'dark spot' sensor...

I have a ton of lights and have settings dialed in well enough to where nobody has noticed anything but me, and I rarely notice anything anymore. It’s really not bad. The part that is frustrating is occasionally one of the dimmers won’t have backlighting on when the others do, but that’s only in rare occasions when the light is just right. I’ll post some pics but apparently my forum storage is full so I have to figure that out first. 

1 hour ago, ILoveC4 said:

I have a ton of lights and have settings dialed in well enough to where nobody has noticed anything but me, and I rarely notice anything anymore. It’s really not bad. The part that is frustrating is occasionally one of the dimmers won’t have backlighting on when the others do, but that’s only in rare occasions when the light is just right. I’ll post some pics but apparently my forum storage is full so I have to figure that out first. 

can you also post any programming you've used to balance out the differences?

4 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

Yeah, I can. Like I said, I just need to get to a point where I can upload photos. The forum is restricting me to 4.13kB right now.

you just have to delete old photos, its kind of annoying bc its lost content for future searches...but that's what ive been told you need to do

2 hours ago, eggzlot said:

you just have to delete old photos, its kind of annoying bc its lost content for future searches...but that's what ive been told you need to do

Yeah, I just need to figure out how to do that. I have some pictures and can get screenshots of settings for you guys. 

• 5 months later...
On 12/15/2020 at 10:49 PM, booch said:

(As I mentioned in another thread, I'm new to C4 as of the past few months.)

This is a big issue, and in a strange way, I'm glad pre-reading/researching this forum prepared me for it. I have about 150 lighting devices in the house and the issue is everywhere. Odd that C4 nailed it with nearly all aspects of the lighting product but has let this linger (given how critical it is to many). Even odder that the frequently-mentioned solution of allowing 'averaging' or programming based on multiple sensor readings hasn't been implemented (as it's seemingly cheaper/easier than the hardware change). I appreciate the solution of reverting to TOD or other programming, but that defeats the purpose of having (and paying) for all these ambient light sensors, including the aesthetic of the latest 'dark spot' sensor...

Done with OS 3.2.2 apparently -- thanks, C4 product team!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.