C4 Forums | Control4

Zone audio sync issues

How do you fix issues where your audio zones are out of synch?

My main controller is an HC-800.  It and my 8 zone matrix amp (which has its main audio connection to an HC-250) are in synch but the speakers in my pool area are driven by an HDC-250 connected to an AVR that are noticably behind in audio playback.  Is there a way to set an offset in ms or something like that?

Audio connections from the HC-250 in the pool cabana to the amp, and from the HC-250 driving the matrix amp are analog - RCA cables.  Could the AVR be introducing a delay?

I also have a wired speaker point that is also slightly out of synch.

Source in this instance is Spotify connect, if it matters.

No HDMI connections though - the connection that is behind is analog HC-250 to AVR using the Audio Out headphone-type jack on the HC-250 to RCA analog in on the AVR..  Could it possibly help to reboot the lagging controller?

No HDMI connections though - the connection that is behind is analog HC-250 to AVR using the Audio Out headphone-type jack on the HC-250 to RCA analog in on the AVR..  Could it possibly help to reboot the lagging controller?
Is the AVR in 2 channel direct mode or is it performing DSP on the input.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

How do you fix issues where your audio zones are out of synch?
My main controller is an HC-800.  It and my 8 zone matrix amp (which has its main audio connection to an HC-250) are in synch but the speakers in my pool area are driven by an HDC-250 connected to an AVR that are noticably behind in audio playback.  Is there a way to set an offset in ms or something like that?
Audio connections from the HC-250 in the pool cabana to the amp, and from the HC-250 driving the matrix amp are analog - RCA cables.  Could the AVR be introducing a delay?
I also have a wired speaker point that is also slightly out of synch.
Source in this instance is Spotify connect, if it matters.
And yes on the HC800 you can choose a delay on the audio outputs.

31 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

And yes on the HC800 you can choose a delay on the audio outputs.

What about on the HC-250?  And can you do this through Composer HE?  Where is the delay entered?

What about on the HC-250?  And can you do this through Composer HE?  Where is the delay entered?
On the hc250 itself in the project it is one of the options. I think it is in HE.

Click in the HC250 and poke around on the tabs.

Do you have high speed audio enabled. With the speaker point in the project this may default to off but as the sp is hard wired you can disable digital audio to the sp and it becomes a one zone wired amp no audio across the ip cable.

The problem may be you need to put the delay on the 800 outputs to slow things down there rather than delay the 250.

I have looked around but I can't find anything.  Is this under the properties for the controller or is this something that you add in programming?  And is it a property for the controller, or for the room?

I have looked around but I can't find anything.  Is this under the properties for the controller or is this something that you add in programming?  And is it a property for the controller, or for the room?
Right at the top of the project? I'm not in front of Pc and have not found it for a while.

The question that I'd have is where is the delay coming from (the amp or the controller)... 

Had an install in an exercise room that had ceiling speakers driven by an amp located in the rack.  We added a passive sound bar in the room and an amp behind the tv in the room.  Both were connected to the same RCA output in the room.  The amp in the room added about 50ms of delay, creating an echo.  If you turned on TV with dialog, it was really hard to understand spoken audio because of the perceived echo. 

Ended up adding an audio delay (via an external device) to the input on the amp driving the ceiling speakers because there was no way to make the other amp "faster".  That was close enough that things sound in-sync now...

1 hour ago, dw886 said:

The question that I'd have is where is the delay coming from (the amp or the controller)... 

That's a very good question.  I will try connecting the controller to some amplified PCs speakers that should have no processing delay.

For some reason this issue seems to have resolved itself today.  Yesterday there was a very noticeable delay.  Today it seems imperciptible or completely gone.
Sometimes can be the order you start the rooms and as such the Hc /ea playing source in the arrangements.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.