C4 Forums | Control4

Composer 3.0

Just now, appliedautomation said:

What image are you talking about?

The HDMI video output is up to 1080p

The Image from the CCTV - Doorstation comes on no problem - Goes to our Hikvsion Camera 1080 and it will not show - Say resolution is too high.

We have HC800 Running Director and couple of EA1 and we was thinking of upgrading the HC800 for EA5 so we could get the Camera pop up on the screen when the Sensors

are triggered,

Are dealer can not get a answer out of C4

24 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

look at Holovision + the 2n Video Kit.  That is what I use.  Holovision has more designs that you could imagine for a door station.  I use the 424 model in oil rubbed bronze.  These are expensive units, but they work really well within c4 using the 2n driver: http://www.eholovision.com/product-categories/

Is the cost of the Holovision 424 around $1000?  Did you add the camera option or use another camera not in doorbell?  Also, did you need 2 CAT-5 cables or just one for it to work with C4?  It shows 2 in their documentation.

13 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

The Image from the CCTV - Doorstation comes on no problem - Goes to our Hikvsion Camera 1080 and it will not show - Say resolution is too high.

We have HC800 Running Director and couple of EA1 and we was thinking of upgrading the HC800 for EA5 so we could get the Camera pop up on the screen when the Sensors

are triggered,

The answer is no it does not support 1080.

The EA controllers display cameras at a maximum of 720. The EA controllers can only perform software decoding of H.264 so they are limited to 720.

26 minutes ago, Gene said:

Is the cost of the Holovision 424 around $1000?  Did you add the camera option or use another camera not in doorbell?  Also, did you need 2 CAT-5 cables or just one for it to work with C4?  It shows 2 in their documentation.

truth be told I do not know the price.  I did a beta test for an older Houselogix written driver using their own SIP hardware so I got it direct from the company (for a cost, not free) vs an authorized dealer.  When houselogix was sold and stopped supporting their drivers, Holovision figured out the 2n Video Kit would work and had a c4 driver.  It is a 2 ethernet solution - one for the doorstation and one for the 2n video kit.  I used their camera option as well, its really a KTC Camera.

https://www.2n.cz/en_GB/documents/22902/133236/ip_video_kit_leaflet_a4_en_lq.pdf/ad64402f-33a1-4b8a-bacd-79ab343730b4/searchTitle-Product+Leaflet+(EN)+-+2N®+IP+Video+Kit

This was the camera I got - mind you I got this set up a few years ago so maybe they changed cameras: http://www.ktncusa.com/ip/module/ace-hdi47-nopic

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

are triggered,

I’m having the same issue. Plus the iOS app is still force closing when I try to open a camera. 

I'm also having problems with the OS3 app.  Force closes on all our iPads and iPhones when the thermostat icon is pressed.  AC control is via Intesis boxes using the Chowmain driver.  We still have control via the remotes, but can't use Navigator or the app.  Frustrating.

1 hour ago, OceanDad said:

I'm also having problems with the OS3 app.  Force closes on all our iPads and iPhones when the thermostat icon is pressed.  AC control is via Intesis boxes using the Chowmain driver.  We still have control via the remotes, but can't use Navigator or the app.  Frustrating.

Sent you a PM

1 minute ago, nebuchadnezzar said:

I do find it interesting to get announcement of merger then 3.0 drops shortly thereafter.....  

I consider early adopters to be essentially beta testers.  I don't have time for that level of pain.  

there was an extensive beta - but a beta never finds 100% of the problems

18 minutes ago, nebuchadnezzar said:

I'm not jealous....  I like hearing from other guinea pigs.  I am treating this just like any other 1st gen electronic, wait and see.  

‘Yeah.  I’m very interested in 3.0 but I’m going to wait and see things for myself at the 6/13 event and then maybe even wait for the first bug fix release.  I also have to figure out what to do with two 250s and/or whether I need them at all.  I’ve got one v2 Touchscreen that is t used much so losing that is no big deal but turning the 250s into useless bricks might be.   

What I would like to see is greater resolution from my cameras in the UI.  Since the EA5 doesn’t apparently have the hardware to provide that, the smartest move may be to wait until new controllers are available.

5 minutes ago, nebuchadnezzar said:

I do find it interesting to get announcement of merger then 3.0 drops shortly thereafter.....  

I consider early adopters to be essentially beta testers.  I don't have time for that level of pain.  

Beta was happening for months before the merger was announced. so... 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.