C4 Forums | Control4

Composer 3.0

6 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

Do these new favorites replace experience buttons.  Ie moving the door lock to the front page as a favorite. It can show lock and unlock status now as well as toggling it for usage.  

Favorites don't replace experience buttons.  You would favorite the experience button itself.

The experience button would work exactly like it did before, but on the main screen (status updates as well as the action of the experience button).

Along with experience buttons, you can favorite channels, music services, specific albums / playlists, lights, lighting scenes, categories (Comfort / Security / Cameras / Lighting / Watch / Listen), specific devices under those categories (specific camera, thermostat, security system, etc.) and many, many other things.

Favorites, along with 'favorite rooms' and using the swipe to go room to room *totally* transforms the UI.

RyanE

Is there a list of c4 hardware compatible with OS3?  I have a DSC door station and that’s gong to be a deal breaker if I upgrade.
 Thanks 

If any of the following are in the project, the upgrade will be blocked until they are removed:

Controllers (1): HC-250
Touch Screens (5): 7" In-Wall v2, 7" Portable v2, 5" In-Wall (FKA: Infinity Edge), 7" In-Wall (FKA: Infinity
Edge), 7" In-Wall RevB (FKA: Infinity Edge)
Door Stations (2): Exterior Door Station, Interior Door Station
AV (1): Speaker Point
IP cameras that utilize the Camera Proxy v1
WakeUp agent (can be replaced with the Wakeup/Goodnight agent)
Security systems that utilize V1 Security drivers
Blinds that utilize the Blinds v2 proxy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will Concord4 with Superbus2000 serial connected alarm work in 3.0? 
What’s the deal with Alarm drivers? I missed that part...

There are two Concord4 drivers, one old one and one new one. If your GUI has the “big round button” on the alarm page, you’re using the new one.

e3de2e3359d0e8a3ff8358fd600f8c49.jpg

The new one will continue to work. If you’re still on the old one, a dealer can swap out the driver as part of the upgrade process.

34 minutes ago, livitup said:

If any of the following are in the project, the upgrade will be blocked until they are removed:

Touch Screens (5): 7" In-Wall v2, 7" Portable v2, 5" In-Wall (FKA: Infinity Edge), 7" In-Wall (FKA: Infinity

👋 3.0 then, I will never pay $18k to get a new GUI, damn it ... I just need a confirmation that C4 will continue supporting 2.10.6, they can EOL (End of Life) whatever they want but not EOS (End of Support).

8 minutes ago, Amr said:

👋 3.0 then, I will never pay $18k to get a new GUI, damn it ... I just need a confirmation that C4 will continue supporting 2.10.6, they can EOL (End of Life) whatever they want but not EOS (End of Support).

I suspect (but have no info) that you will be OK for a good few years...  it you may well get jealous!

3.0 then, I will never pay $18k to get a new GUI, damn it ... I just need a confirmation that C4 will continue supporting 2.10.6, they can EOL (End of Life) whatever they want but not EOS (End of Support).
What is your definition of support? I mean control4 will countinue to take support calls but that doesn't mean that the problem will be solvable

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Are QMotion shades driver still supported?  I have no idea what version shades proxy they use.  They were installed this year.

There is a supported QMotion driver. Obviously not sure what one is in your project, but worst case your dealer will have to swap out the blind driver as part of your upgrade. (But if I were a betting man, I’d say you already have the compatible driver installed.)

16 minutes ago, livitup said:

There is a supported QMotion driver. Obviously not sure what one is in your project, but worst case your dealer will have to swap out the blind driver as part of your upgrade. (But if I were a betting man, I’d say you already have the compatible driver installed.)

AFAIK, if the shades menu appears on the main screen then it will be a usable shades driver

8 hours ago, Amr said:

You could go the Ebay route and purchase not too expensive EA1's and touchscreens.  If you have a lot of speaker points you could go Sonos and not worry about your OS upgrade being tied to your sound system equipment.  

Control4 supports 13,500 third party products, you might be better off buying cheaper tablets with wall mounts, I/O extenders, doorbell cameras.

I get questions on my system all the time because of my touch screens.  It's kind of a showcase for the product, but they will be being replaced by sheet rock now.  There is no way I'm spending $1k a screen every five years, this is not an iPhone.   

Bottom line, the less Control4 branded products you have the less you need to worry about swapping equipment every major OS release.

18 minutes ago, chesterwilson said:

You could go the Ebay route and purchase not too expensive EA1's and touchscreens.  If you have a lot of speaker points you could go Sonos and not worry about your OS upgrade being tied to your sound system equipment.  

Control4 supports 13,500 third party products, you might be better off buying cheaper tablets with wall mounts, I/O extenders, doorbell cameras.

I get questions on my system all the time because of my touch screens.  It's kind of a showcase for the product, but they will be being replaced by sheet rock now.  There is no way I'm spending $1k a screen every five years, this is not an iPhone.   

Bottom line, the less Control4 branded products you have the less you need to worry about swapping equipment every major OS release.

I will for sure go ebay route now, issue is never in controller, I have 6 Fixed Screens and 9 Portable ones, that's 15! this is a real pain ... 

I will for sure go ebay route now, issue is never in controller, I have 6 Fixed Screens and 9 Portable ones, that's 15! this is a real pain ... 
Wow. That must be a big house

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, chesterwilson said:

This has been my philosophy and it has served me well. I have a good size whole home system with security, 8 zones of whole home audio, 4 video zones, cameras and lighting control and the only Control4 equipment I have is a EA-1 and 4 remotes for the video zones (I have an HC-250 in my den too but it is just really doing IR so I’ll probably just replace it with a global cache). I have no complaints. I’ve been saying for awhile that the EA-1 is the best deal in all of pro automation. Can easily power a whole home. 

On 5/25/2019 at 6:56 AM, livitup said:

Thanks for the list.  I have the Generic IP Camera driver in my project.    Is this what you mean by Camera Proxy v1?   Thanks

So for clarity, it's not even possible to purely use HC-250s in a project as zigbee APs on 3.0? I understand not supporting the main functionality, but simply having to trash them in a project that is only using them as APs would be a big bummer.

Furthermore, again for clarity, could you have an HC-800 as your main controller (running 3.0) as long as you aren't using the video output, and have HC-250s in your project running on (2.10) purely for IR and as a zigbee AP? I'm guessing not, but hoping I will be surprised.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.