C4 Forums | Control4

Composer 3.0

1 minute ago, nevets23 said:

So for clarity, it's not even possible to purely use HC-250s in a project as zigbee APs on 3.0? I understand not supporting the main functionality, but simply having to trash them in a project that is only using them as APs would be a big bummer.

for the 5th or 6th time in this thread - having an HC250 ANYWHERE in your project will block the upgrade. 

NO 250s allowed - not for anything - again like the 6th time

3 minutes ago, nevets23 said:

So for clarity, it's not even possible to purely use HC-250s in a project as zigbee APs on 3.0? I understand not supporting the main functionality, but simply having to trash them in a project that is only using them as APs would be a big bummer.

Correct.  If there are any HC-250s in the project, the upgrade tool will abort.  They must be entirely removed from the project in order to upgrade to 3.0.

3 minutes ago, nevets23 said:

Furthermore, again for clarity, could you have an HC-800 as your main controller (running 3.0) as long as you aren't using the video output, and have HC-250s in your project running on (2.10) purely for IR and as a zigbee AP? I'm guessing not, but hoping I will be surprised.

You can have an HC-800 as your main controller running 3.0, but the video output will be disabled.  You can not have HC-250s in the project running 2.10 while the HC-800 director is running 3.0.

If you need wireless IR, the Control4 Zigbee to IO (Z2IO) is a great alternative.  It provides 2 IR outputs and requires only power (5v DC through USB, wall adapter included).

34 minutes ago, livitup said:

Correct.  If there are any HC-250s in the project, the upgrade tool will abort.  They must be entirely removed from the project in order to upgrade to 3.0.

You can have an HC-800 as your main controller running 3.0, but the video output will be disabled.  You can not have HC-250s in the project running 2.10 while the HC-800 director is running 3.0.

If you need wireless IR, the Control4 Zigbee to IO (Z2IO) is a great alternative.  It provides 2 IR outputs and requires only power (5v DC through USB, wall adapter included).

Thanks for the clarification/confirming. Much appreciated!

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

it's just been very clearly stated many times. asking again isn't going to change the outcome

It may have been stated multiple times, but it obviously wasn't completely clear to me, which is why I asked for clarity - I wouldn't have wasted time asking the question otherwise.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:12 PM, chesterwilson said:

If I upgrade to 3.0 do I lose MyHome-Mac, or can I still use the existing version?

might be able to download an android emulator and use the android app. not sure if they exist for mac.

35 minutes ago, nevets23 said:

It may have been stated multiple times, but it obviously wasn't completely clear to me, which is why I asked for clarity - I wouldn't have wasted time asking the question otherwise.

I'm with you, it's crazy that a device that provides IR and Serial functionality needs to be replaced.  Literally zero reason for Control4 not to have supported I/O functions.  It's a pretty simple function, you don't need multiple iterations of controllers to perform such a function.  

it's just been very clearly stated many times. asking again isn't going to change the outcome
No, it would not change the outcome. But when something is really hard to believe/ understand I believe people here can double or triple or .....check if they understood correctly.

I don't know if yo read my post but I have around 5 HC250s only for zigbee access by the remote controls and ir blast. My io extenders are already sucked at 2.9.1 while my project is at the last 2.10 version. They are working both fine simultaneously. Why cannot HC250 work with at least some of their capabilities keeping it stuck at 2.10.....?

I don't see why this could be an invalid question....so please let it pass if you are only going to question my question...

Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

It's not invalid but not something here anyone can answer. We can share what we know, not what we don't know.

That is a question for control4 and one only they can answer.

But asking it again isn't gonna change it. The unsupported hardware was posted a few times already. That is what we know. Control4 doesn't publish to a why.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 5/25/2019 at 5:59 AM, livitup said:

There are two Concord4 drivers, one old one and one new one. If your GUI has the “big round button” on the alarm page, you’re using the new one.

The new one will continue to work. If you’re still on the old one, a dealer can swap out the driver as part of the upgrade process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming your Concord is on a new enough (meaning not a very old) firmware.

So one other thing I'm curious about....I don't think it was already discussed, but if it was, my apologies. Does anyone know if 3.0 will let you change/customize icons for a device? I know you can customize the screen savers and rearrange the icons, which is good, but it would be nice to be able to modify the icons as well. Modifying icons as of right now is sort of a pain.

19 minutes ago, nevets23 said:

So one other thing I'm curious about....I don't think it was already discussed, but if it was, my apologies. Does anyone know if 3.0 will let you change/customize icons for a device?

No, you can't modify device icons outside of doing it the current way (unzip, change icons, zip).

That said, there are new icons for a bunch of different device types and devices themselves, so maybe you'll like the new ones enough to not want to go to the trouble of changing them.

RyanE

Yes, the 'Advanced Audio' (OS 2.10+/3.0) version of the SpeakerPoint is the Triad One.
Much better audio quality and better power output as well.
RyanE

So I am trying to learn more about the Triad products to replace my SpeakerPoints but when I click on the download spec links for them on the C4 web site it asks me to provide dealer login credentials. Seems strange that I would need to be a dealer to learn more about C4 products I am contemplating buying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, hunger said:

So I am trying to learn more about the Triad products to replace my SpeakerPoints but when I click on the download spec links for them on the C4 web site it asks me to provide dealer login credentials. Seems strange that I would need to be a dealer to learn more about C4 products I am contemplating buying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just Google "Triad One Control4" and you'll find several in-depth reviews with all the specs. A pdf of the product info will likely turn up in the results, too. 

FWIW, I have a Triad One and it's great. Seamless integration and great audio quality with the added benefit of having IR outs for control options. 

On 5/25/2019 at 4:26 PM, chesterwilson said:

You could go the Ebay route and purchase not too expensive EA1's and touchscreens.  If you have a lot of speaker points you could go Sonos and not worry about your OS upgrade being tied to your sound system equipment.  

Not guessing you are going to be finding "not too expensive" touch screens now that so many are going to have to be replaced by so many.  I never see any decent deals on Ebay for current gen touch screens, and that was before this announcement.  I'm sure some will just abandon some or all of them, but mine are going on 8 years old, so I knew I would have to replace them eventually.   I won't be replacing 100% of them though.

I've got a iPhone 7 and iPhone 6

So that's 4 and 5 Years ??

Plus the cost of the Phone is not a one off hit in the UK - You will pay for the

phone over the length of your mobile Contract (£40 Per Mth over 24 Mths with a up front cost £150 etc)

And you only have 1 Phone not 4 or 5 Touchscreens.

Saying that I`m lucky with 3 T3 which were picked up from my dealer at a very cheap price (Intercom App GATE)

12 minutes ago, blub said:
33 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:
You're right. The touch screens aren't iPhones. You paid $1k every (or at least every other) year for 5 years to keep your iPhones up to date.

Most ppl don't buy an iPhone ever year

So true and thats why revenue for Apple has fallen.  As long as touchscreen can be upgraded or drastically change in appearance/functionality, upgrading is useless.  C4 should concentrate on a new remote and integration more than anything.  The touchscreens in my house are barely used and I'll probably only keep a few when I upgrade.

I've got a iPhone 7 and iPhone 6
So that's 4 and 5 Years ??
Plus the cost of the Phone is not a one off hit in the UK - You will pay for the
phone over the length of your mobile Contract (£40 Per Mth over 24 Mths with a up front cost £150 etc)
And you only have 1 Phone not 4 or 5 Touchscreens.
Saying that I`m lucky with 3 T3 which were picked up from my dealer at a very cheap price (Intercom App GATE)
So if I financed c4 hardware you would upgrade?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

So if I financed c4 hardware you would upgrade?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

That model would only work if C4 would be an alarm company and have necessary recurring monthly revenue (which might be the direction after SnapAV purchase).

Touchscreens are a wow factor but given the prevence of iPads and TV's in home, I can see them being only selectively used while voice, location, programming be much more interative and useful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.