C4 Forums | Control4

Composer 3.0

13 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

Ugh.  Someone at Control4 didn't get the memo (dated 5 years ago) that skeuomorphism is dead for modern interface design...

Hope this is just an early iteration and not the final product...Agree that Savant has a much more clean interface.

Uh, that's not skeuomorphic.  There are pictures of light bulbs, but that's because the real world thing it controls is a light bulb.  There's not a digital representation of an on/off switch you flick on or off, or a rotary knob to dim, or a thermostat dial to turn.  That would be skeuomorphic, the limited screenshot that may be 3.0 is not.  Now whether it's good looking or not admits of differences of opinion, i like it but could see how other reasonable people might not.

Ugh...fighting urge to argue definition of skeuomorphism in design now...must resist...

Would like to hear other's thoughts on potential design that was leaked or what others would like to see in a design...

I'd prefer to see something with a somewhat minimalist or "flat design" (putting flat design in quotes so I don't get argued as to the true definition)...

If that is the design ~ it terrible ~ looks like a 8 year did it on a PC 

if it taken 18mths for that ~ no wonder all the staff have been selling shares. 

Could look brilliant with a design company sorting out icons 

hopefully the tech behind it is good 

So -

I have an HC800 and an EA3

I have 6 SR250's (TV Remotes).

To update to the latest software when it comes out - Can my EA-3 handle everything and I just drop off the HC800? of can I reconfigure?

Will I need to update the SR250's?  ALL of mine only control TVs - nothing else -

Interested in knowing what changes I need to make to remain current...

Thanks in advance for any information that someone may have that they can share.

Bill

If u r using the 250’s for IR only then u can drop all of them for Z2IO or Z2IR, as for EA3 it depends on your project size if mid then it can replace the 800, but an EA5 is solid choice and u can’t go wrong with this.  You can also use the 800 but u will loose the GUI, this is what the rumors are predicting ...

12 hours ago, TexasBill said:

So -

To update to the latest software when it comes out - Can my EA-3 handle everything and I just drop off the HC800? of can I reconfigure?

Will I need to update the SR250's?  ALL of mine only control TVs - nothing else -

Thanks in advance for any information that someone may have that they can share.

Bill

Based on the rumors (which may be nothing but rumors), you will be fine!

10 hours ago, Amr said:

If u r using the 250’s for IR only then u can drop all of them for Z2IO or Z2IR, as for EA3 it depends on your project size if mid then it can replace the 800, but an EA5 is solid choice and u can’t go wrong with this.  You can also use the 800 but u will loose the GUI, this is what the rumors are predicting ...

He is referring to SR250s not HC250s

So -
Bill

No one exactly knows the cha ges yet. Relax and wait for the release and then decide if u want to upgrade.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.