lbwiener

Trigerring of Multiple TV/AppleTV

Hi need some help in troubleshooting the following problem.  When I use the Guest Room Remote to turn on the Apple TV,  the Master Bedroom TV/Apple TV is turned on too!  Is this an IR problem or programming?  Not sure how to begin to troubleshoot.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Laurence B.  Wiener

So it is a distributed Apple TV and I have made all the CEC on the 3 TV's as default OFF.  Also, all is IR Control.  The problem continues.  Attached is driver info.

Screenshot 2019-05-14 12.10.27.png

Check your endpoints. Also confirm that the IR isnt being split to multiple apple tvs and each apple tv has its own ir output

I’d certainly agree with the recommendation to swap to the IP driver.  It is nice and stable these days and gives better functionality (my view).  There is a different driver for Apple TV 4K and Apple TV 1 - 3. 

If you have an Apple TV 4K, you would need the Apple Bridge driver...

So it looks like the Atlona Video switch was not disconnecting when turning off the Master Bedroom so when the Guest Bedroom ATV was turned on it saw that the Master Bedroom was already on.  Updated Atlona Video switch firmware and seems to be working.

In System Design, when you double click the video switch, should you be able to turn on and turn off the green dots?  Beause I cannot turn them off.  Looks like they seem to be stuck in the on position.  Is this normal?