C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 in New House

Nkristie

Question

I’ve been trying to solve the puzzle of the Control4 gear in our new pre-owner house. It was installed by a dealer here who will not return my calls. I’ve tried searching online as well with no luck. How do I find out what is hooked up to this system?

I can see: control4 remotes (2), two systems (receiver or something??) in our media panel (where the theater/movie room is), and ipad mounted on the wall (of which I was told controlled the smart home system), we also have security cameras (which the alarm company confirmed are not theirs) and we have speakers mounted all over the house.  How can I tell what was part of the control4 “smart home” system? Is there a charge to get this all working again? And a monthly fee to use the app and whatnot? The company that installed it is not returning my calls (left 4 VMs over the course of a week), so kinda don’t want to give them my business now! 

TIA,

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Nkristie said:

I’ve been trying to solve the puzzle of the Control4 gear in our new pre-owner house. It was installed by a dealer here who will not return my calls. I’ve tried searching online as well with no luck. How do I find out what is hooked up to this system?

I can see: control4 remotes (2), two systems (receiver or something??) in our media panel (where the theater/movie room is), and ipad mounted on the wall (of which I was told controlled the smart home system), we also have security cameras (which the alarm company confirmed are not theirs) and we have speakers mounted all over the house.  How can I tell what was part of the control4 “smart home” system? Is there a charge to get this all working again? And a monthly fee to use the app and whatnot? The company that installed it is not returning my calls (left 4 VMs over the course of a week), so kinda don’t want to give them my business now! 

TIA,

If you have ownership of the account associated with this system, then it will be possible for you to change the dealer of record.  What this does is enables another dealer to have login access remotely, not just on site, and changes / updates can be made.  If you don't have a login access, try to contact your real estate agent, lawyer or previous owner to have the email address and password given to you.  You can change the email and password to your preferences.

If the previous network equipment was removed, or you installed your own, that may explain why the system is not working or broken.  It won't be possible for a dealer to connect remotely either until the primary controller is "network reset".

I offer remote programming services, as well as on site.  I don't change anything to have a look.

Send me a private message if you're able to log into the control4 account associated with this system.  I may be able to assist you with the equipment you have if you can send or post pictures.

On 5/21/2019 at 9:49 PM, Nkristie said:

Thanks all! The previous owner has only directed me to the dealer when I inquire. :(

I live north of Houston. I can see Control4 is option in my network options, but it’s password protected. 

not sure how much of the area he covers but @StroTek LLC is in the Houston area I believe and is on this forum as well

https://www.control4.com/dealer/strotekllc2-77581/pearland-tx/

On 5/23/2019 at 9:39 AM, eggzlot said:

not sure how much of the area he covers but @StroTek LLC is in the Houston area I believe and is on this forum as well

https://www.control4.com/dealer/strotekllc2-77581/pearland-tx/

Thanks! Calling today! The pre ious owner is unhelpful and the dealer they had install it is not calling me back! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.