C4 Forums | Control4

Alarm Zone Trouble ID

I'm trying to setup push notifications where I can send the name of the zone that was in trouble or not ready state when trying to arm the alarm. I have a GE panel and the control4 driver for the Interlogix NetworX security system. I cannot find a variable where the zone number or name is stored. 

I'm hoping the Zone Name will be in a string variable that I can include in my push announcement. Eventually I'd like to create an audio announcement  as well. I just need to figure out where to get the info about the zone causing the arm to fail

2096295923_alarmproperties.thumb.png.aea4e607dfd7093c23dff9c2e77f077c.png

alarm zone properties.png

I've spoken to my dealer and he is not sure where to get the info from. I'm hoping you superstars will have an idea. 

Does each zone have to have an alarm drive bound to it. I have  lot of zones and my dealer didn't set it up that way

I'm not sure on what you're asking either, but all those "zones" need to be bound to C4 devices.

As an example, Zone 7- Billiards-Contact Sensor needs to be bound to a C4 Contact Sensor driver.

Once that is done, then you can use these zones for your programming, alerts, announcements, whatever.

Just pulling in the security driver and ID'ing it only gives you Arm/Disarm control and that's it.  Your dealer needs to bind all those zone sensors to something in C4.  Motions get motions, contacts get contacts, etc.

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

I'm not sure on what you're asking either, but all those "zones" need to be bound to C4 devices.

As an example, Zone 7- Billiards-Contact Sensor needs to be bound to a C4 Contact Sensor driver.

Once that is done, then you can use these zones for your programming, alerts, announcements, whatever.

Just pulling in the security driver and ID'ing it only gives you Arm/Disarm control and that's it.  Your dealer needs to bind all those zone sensors to something in C4.  Motions get motions, contacts get contacts, etc.

So to answer your question - all of the zones are named and numbered in the alarm panel. They seem to be in C4 as well when you look at the properties and zones picture above. However, they are not listed under programming in the security alarm. All that is listed is Home security with its variables below, partition 2 to 8 below it. The water flood sensors have their own sensors so I guess that's what you mean with respect to binding into C4

This might help you...

Depending on the actual driver that you are using, you may be able to display panel information through the email agent or the push notification agent by using text like this in the message body to reference the alarm variable state info such as:

${ROOM->SECURITYSYSTEMNAME::ALARM_STATE}
${ROOM->SECURITYSYSTEMNAME::DISPLAY_TEXT}
${ROOM->SECURITYSYSTEMNAME::TROUBLE_TEXT}

Where "ROOM" is the name of the room that the security panel driver is assigned to, and "SECURITYSYSTEMNAME" is the name of the driver as used in the room - replace this text with the names from your project.  The DISPLAY_TEXT variable should show the same information that would be displayed on a keypad panel, and the TROUBLE_TEXT would show any trouble messages that the panel reports.

Depending on the version of the driver and security proxy used, you should be able to view the panel UI through the control4 user interface to view the alarm system state, then cycle through and display messages that would show on a keypad.  So, if you're trying to arm the alarm, you should be able to see the alarm state to indicate if a contact is open and which one it is.

If, however, you want the security panel zones to appear in the Control4 ui under Security->Locks & Sensors so that you can view the state of the actual sensors, then you do need to add a contact to each of the appropriate rooms and bind them to the security panel driver as lippaVisual says.  If needed, you could probably check each contact sensor to see its state, but I found the just using the DISPLAY_TEXT variable close enough for my use...

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2019 at 2:15 AM, brente said:

This might help you...

Depending on the actual driver that you are using, you may be able to display panel information through the email agent or the push notification agent by using text like this in the message body to reference the alarm variable state info such as:

${ROOM->SECURITYSYSTEMNAME::ALARM_STATE}
${ROOM->SECURITYSYSTEMNAME::DISPLAY_TEXT}
${ROOM->SECURITYSYSTEMNAME::TROUBLE_TEXT}

Where "ROOM" is the name of the room that the security panel driver is assigned to, and "SECURITYSYSTEMNAME" is the name of the driver as used in the room - replace this text with the names from your project.  The DISPLAY_TEXT variable should show the same information that would be displayed on a keypad panel, and the TROUBLE_TEXT would show any trouble messages that the panel reports.

Depending on the version of the driver and security proxy used, you should be able to view the panel UI through the control4 user interface to view the alarm system state, then cycle through and display messages that would show on a keypad.  So, if you're trying to arm the alarm, you should be able to see the alarm state to indicate if a contact is open and which one it is.

If, however, you want the security panel zones to appear in the Control4 ui under Security->Locks & Sensors so that you can view the state of the actual sensors, then you do need to add a contact to each of the appropriate rooms and bind them to the security panel driver as lippaVisual says.  If needed, you could probably check each contact sensor to see its state, but I found the just using the DISPLAY_TEXT variable close enough for my use...

So all of the alarm zones are bound into C4. I've created a push notification for alarm fail using

${Security->Security::TROUBLE_TYPE} - reports blank everytime
 ${Security->House Security::LAST_ARM_FAILED} - reports "BYPASS" everytime
 ${Security->House Security::TROUBLE_TEXT} - reports blank everytime
 ${Security->House Security::OPEN_ZONE_COUNT} - this works
 ${Security->House Security::DISPLAY_TEXT} - reports "System ready type code to arm" however this isn't correct as the alarm display panel shows "System not ready to arm, press arrow" and when I press the arrow on the alarm panel is shows "25 Fault FRONT DOOR". 

When I open the front door and then open the alarm interface on my T3, C4 recognizes the front door is open. See attached screen shot.

This can't be as hard as it seems???

T3 screen shot.jpg

I'm trying to send myself the name of the zone that causes the alarm to fail arming in a push notification. I would assume that would be "Trouble text" would have it

I just opened my front door and tried to arm stay so I could see what values get written into the variables. 

"Last Arm failed" has the string value BYPASS. It always has this and I don't know why as I never bypass my alarm. 

"Trouble Text" is always blank

"Trouble type" is always blank

Partition state is always "disarmed ready" even when I have a zone open that would prevent arming. 

If I open a zone that would prevent the alarm panel itself from arming, it shows the correct error that it's unable to arm then by pressing the button on the panel it will tell me which zone. HOWEVER, C4 alarm screen on the T3 will always show the green ready to arm even if there is a zone open. Once I try to arm then the T3 shows unable to arm with the open zone. I just went through all of the system variables and I cannot find any variable that captures this info. Could my alarm be setup incorrectly? We have flood sensors in all of the bathrooms which are tied into the alarm but they don't count when arming or disarming the alarm...my installer did this. Could this be why Last arm failed always reports BYPASS as I figure the flood sensors have to be bypassed so they don't count??

partion state.png

IMG_20190812_2021397.jpg

IMG_20190812_2022114.jpg

IMG_20190812_2022256.jpg

Can anyone tell me which alarm panels will allow this functionality. My dealer believes that my GE interlogix panel doesn't. It also won't record which alarm disarm code was used...IE if I want to track use disarmed the alarm. We are using the Interlogix driver. 

Somehow C4 is smart enough to report which zone is open but we cannot find where this information is stored in a variable which can be read and programmed with

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.