C4 Forums | Control4

What’s the coolest thing you made C4 do?

knowitall

Whacky programming, something convenient, something so behind the scenes you never notice but matters? 

I can’t think of anything else my house can do for me. (Get a bigger house?)

Not that exciting but I have programming that limits run time on a dehumidifier because of noise between 12a and 5a  woo!

I have C4 keypads control the charging and climate for my Tesla Model S.  I can push a button in my bedroom to turn on the climate controls so that my car can be nice and warm when I get in on a cold winter day.  The LED colours also indicate charging status.  This is kind of a klugey setup as it requires an additional PC with a web browser to accept commands and send them to the Tesla API.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:59 PM, Matt Lowe said:

motion sensor in the front yard for feral and bad neighbors relieving their animals in my front lawn. The sprinklers always seem to come on at the worst of times.

Whistle on the yard speakers if the dogs are barking too much will spook them and shut them up promptly.

Is there a specific freq audio file that you use for the dogs

motion sensor in the front yard for feral and bad neighbors relieving their animals in my front lawn. The sprinklers always seem to come on at the worst of times.

This is brilliant.

• 3 months later...
On 5/22/2019 at 2:31 PM, zaphod said:

I have C4 keypads control the charging and climate for my Tesla Model S.  I can push a button in my bedroom to turn on the climate controls so that my car can be nice and warm when I get in on a cold winter day.  The LED colours also indicate charging status.  This is kind of a klugey setup as it requires an additional PC with a web browser to accept commands and send them to the Tesla API.

This is the best use of C4 I have seen !!

• 1 month later...

I used the Phillips Motion Driver to add several of these around the house. Small, Cheap, good battery life. Best one I have in the project is in my liquor cabinet...….sends me a notification when door opened. Used to flash the lights in the room - but that wasn't covert enough :)

Use one in the master bath too. This one turns on the lights for the shower and vanity when it senses motion and turns off 45 min later. BUT here's my "wow" If the temp in the bathroom goes up beyond 74 AND IF the lights are on - it kicks on my exhaust fan. I replaced the switch with and older used C4 switch, works great. Only runs for 15 min then off again. Keeps the mirrors from fogging up :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This doesn't count, since I have not done it yet. But this is the plan. I'm adding a "zone" to my sprinkler system that is sprays out like a fountain around the perimeter of the boat house. I plan to put a Z2io in the boat house connected to the sprinkler valve. When it is hot out, motion sensed on a motion sensor, I'll turn on the valve via the relay on the Z2io. I also plan to use a custom button on the app labeled "Prank Fishermen" so I can spray my buds fishing around the boat house.

• 1 year later...

Whistle on the yard speakers if the dogs are barking too much will spook them and shut them up promptly.

On 4/27/2020 at 3:14 PM, Elvis said:

This doesn't count, since I have not done it yet. But this is the plan. I'm adding a "zone" to my sprinkler system that is sprays out like a fountain around the perimeter of the boat house. I plan to put a Z2io in the boat house connected to the sprinkler valve. When it is hot out, motion sensed on a motion sensor, I'll turn on the valve via the relay on the Z2io. I also plan to use a custom button on the app labeled "Prank Fishermen" so I can spray my buds fishing around the boat house.

Im looking to program something similar to this so that I can turn on the sprinklers when birds are on my property. Any recommendations for motion sensors? Cameras that can differentiate between birds and humans (half joking)?

15 hours ago, Rob21 said:

Im looking to program something similar to this so that I can turn on the sprinklers when birds are on my property. Any recommendations for motion sensors? Cameras that can differentiate between birds and humans (half joking)?

nyce for motion sensors keep in mind they are not made for outdoor environments. You can wired ones and any will be compatible with dry contacts. Cameras are just unreliable.

58 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

nyce for motion sensors keep in mind they are not made for outdoor environments. You can wired ones and any will be compatible with dry contacts. Cameras are just unreliable.

I am a big fan of nyce sensors but I couldn’t see them working for a large outdoor area such as a back yard. Am I missing something?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.