C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung QLED with Control4 Remote

I have a Samsung QLED smart tv and the Control 4 remote does not switch the Source automatically when selecting it from the Watch Button.  I have a Authorized Control 4 company that installed the Control4 System for was told that there is no driver written for my Samsung TV as of yet and that is why it does not switch the source automatically.  My other TV’s work fine but not the Samsung.

Will Control4 ever correct this problem or has it become my Problem?

The company that I hired was told by Control4 Support that they had to write the driver for my TV model Number QN55Q8FNBF.  So as of now we have to Select the Source after hitting the Watch button, then click a button on the Control4 Remote to switch the Source when it pops up on the TV screen.  Very annoying.

Why isn’t Control4 responsible for writing drivers for Products to work with there system.

6 minutes ago, AndreLanz said:

The company that I hired was told by Control4 Support that they had to write the driver for my TV model Number QN55Q8FNBF.  So as of now we have to Select the Source after hitting the Watch button, then click a button on the Control4 Remote to switch the Source when it pops up on the TV screen.  Very annoying.

Why isn’t Control4 responsible for writing drivers for Products to work with there system.

they have 10,000+ drivers - i am sure there is one native that will work for your TV.

Where are you located??  If not in the US, then the manufacturer of the display is the problem.  IP control does not work in all countries.  Barking up the wrong tree.

Either way, project should have never been left like that.  Should have been a functioning system from the get go, whether you use IR or RS232 to get things working.

1 hour ago, AndreLanz said:

Control4 cannot possibly write a driver for every appliance on the market.  That said as mentioned before, where are you located?

from the database there seems to be an IP driver but as mentioned it may not work in all countries

Samsung QN55Q8FNB

Manufacturer: Samsung Model: QN55Q8FNB
Creator: Control4 Modified Date: Thu Jan 17 09:27:00 UTC 2019
Device Type: TV Control Method: IP
Version: 12 Certified: FALSE
Supported OS Version: Control4 OS version 2.6.0 and above
Driver Type: C4Z  (This driver type requires Control4 OS version 2.6.0 or higher)

your other options include getting your dealer to write a serial or IR driver which from what others have said (I have no experience) is not too difficult for a TV

• 7 months later...

I recently installed the control4 driver for my QE82Q70RA TV which is working perfectly fine apart from one button which is the GUIDE button that seems to be missing. It is a very important button for me as I use it to select a programme from the Programme Guide. The button is on the original remote but doesnt seem to be used in the driver. Does anyone know a workaround to this?  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.