C4 Forums | Control4

Generic Image URL Attachment for OS 3 Push Notifications

On 11/2/2019 at 3:26 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

Are you going to look at adding authentication support sometime? Paid driver version obviously 😁

It seemed to be a limitation in the driver proxy last time I looked but I'll have another look and see if anything has changed

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Teammac said:

I have a mix of Axis and Hikvision IP cameras. Driver works great with the Axis cameras but won't send an image with Hikvision. I can paste the snapshot URL in a browser and get an image with no auth needed. Any ideas on what I might be missing? 

Can you PM me?

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2019 at 5:38 AM, Shivam Paw said:

Hiya

Just developed a quick (free) driver for those of you who want to have a play with the new OS 3 push notifications!

Add the driver. Go to properties, enter an image URL. Go to your push notifications agent. Select a push notification. For the attachments area select this driver's Image URL source and away you go!

Check the documentation for an example of how to get it working with the DS2.

ncMs4qi.png

(That notification was triggered manually, hence nobody at the gate)

Latest Release: 27th June 2019: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q41401kp95nc01v/generic_url_notification_driver.c4z?dl=0

So to make the screenshot work, We have to have authentication on the DS2 camera off? 

I haven't thought it through too hard, but does anyone have any problems with this? On it's face it sounds like it makes things alot less secure. However after thinking about it, I'm not sure I care if someone wire's into the camera that just shows my street.

Would it be possible to turn off authentication, send screenshot, turn authentication back on. It sounds "easy" but I wonder if something like this would be prone to messing things up.

5 minutes ago, timelinex said:

So to make the screenshot work, We have to have authentication on the DS2 camera off? 

I haven't thought it through too hard, but does anyone have any problems with this? On it's face it sounds like it makes things alot less secure. However after thinking about it, I'm not sure I care if someone wire's into the camera that just shows my street.

Would it be possible to turn off authentication, send screenshot, turn authentication back on. It sounds "easy" but I wonder if something like this would be prone to messing things up.

You’re only turning the camera authentication off. So the worst that would happen is that someone can view the camera which I don’t think is a major issue. 

1 minute ago, Shivam Paw said:

You’re only turning the camera authentication off. So the worst that would happen is that someone can view the camera which I don’t think is a major issue. 

Right, thats a good point. Is there a reason we need a command for it? I can see a setting in C4 just to turn off authentication. Does it just randomly turn it on all the time?

6 minutes ago, timelinex said:

Right, thats a good point. Is there a reason we need a command for it? I can see a setting in C4 just to turn off authentication. Does it just randomly turn it on all the time?

The Control4 driver sends an autoconfig to the DS2 whenever it loads/updates which sets the authentication on. 

15 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

The Control4 driver sends an autoconfig to the DS2 whenever it loads/updates which sets the authentication on. 

Ah ok, I understand.

So just to confirm.... We should go to the Composer programming menu, clicking on the project name on the upper left corner, then under "When Project X Loads" , we put your command. The reason I want to confirm is I'm not sure of the order of events on project loading, so I can imagine putting it into the wrong area would have the AUTH OFF run before autoconfig sends.. Which would then be useless.

12 minutes ago, timelinex said:

Ah ok, I understand.

So just to confirm.... We should go to the Composer programming menu, clicking on the project name on the upper left corner, then under "When Project X Loads" , we put your command. The reason I want to confirm is I'm not sure of the order of events on project loading, so I can imagine putting it into the wrong area would have the AUTH OFF run before autoconfig sends.. Which would then be useless.

Yes. I also setup a timer that runs every 30 mins and runs the command just in case the DS2 reboots or something. 

1 hour ago, Shivam Paw said:

Yes. I also setup a timer that runs every 30 mins and runs the command just in case the DS2 reboots or something. 

Great. Just added it to my project and also added so that every time a 30 min timer expires it takes away Auth. Will test out if it worked shortly.

EDIT: All works like a charm!

Thanks for this!

• 2 weeks later...

And released!

https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/store/control4-push-notification-images/

You can get the driver now! It supports Basic & Digest authentication. The odds are, if you have a camera on Control4 then it will work with this driver!

For any support or help PM me :)

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.