C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3 and App Connection Issues

I'm just using a dedicated cable modem and Netgear R7500 wireless router. It's located dead center of my small townhouse. Never had a problem pre 3.0. I have 2 Galaxy S8+ phones and a Galaxy S10E. They all have the communication problem with the new update. My iPad works 99% of the time however. I have seen the dreaded "Unable to Connect" message on it, but very rare. I'm convinced it's a bug related to Android smartphones. I've submitted logs to tech support. Hopefully it will be patched soon. 

I've tried deleting my devices on my C4 account, un-registering then re-registering. Switched from my HC800 to EA1 as primary controller. I'm running out of options. 

16 hours ago, burowyako said:

Thanks!

Role back to 2.10.6, enjoy stability at max, then move to 3.0 when matures and when checking the long list of compatibility ... I have an all ubiquiti house, 3 AP’s with Cisco Managed switch, no issue at all even with connecting from outside with EDGE speed ...

On 5/30/2019 at 9:57 AM, burowyako said:

Is there any way to troubleshoot this?  Is rolling back an option at this point?

I was curious on the thread. Simplest place to start troubleshooting, do you have a PING app for your phone. From the phone, on wifi, ping the controller.  If you see long delays then your network is at fault.

For the software, make sure your using the new 3.0 mobile app and i'd make sure the controller is a static IP@.

Not sure if you mentioned your using UniFi gear, but they also have a good remote app for testing your wifi connection.

someone mentioned Unifi was not approved. But I have 7AP, 6 Switches and run windows, MacOs, IOS and even a wireless peloton (Android device) without any problems. 

I am having the same issue as well, have not been able to connect on 3.0 yet at all, keep getting the Unable to Connect, Please join a Wi-Fi...

Can not find an option to manually enter an IP as well.

Composer Express discovers and connects (through local system) flawlessly, so it seems like it may be an issue with the Control4 app itself, 2.0 app also discovers and tells me to launch the 3.0 app.

Greg

10 hours ago, GregMM said:

I am having the same issue as well, have not been able to connect on 3.0 yet at all, keep getting the Unable to Connect, Please join a Wi-Fi...

Can not find an option to manually enter an IP as well.

Composer Express discovers and connects (through local system) flawlessly, so it seems like it may be an issue with the Control4 app itself, 2.0 app also discovers and tells me to launch the 3.0 app.

Greg

Tech support told me I had a lot of multicast devices that were causing communication issues with director. I have a bunch of Sonos zone players, Roku media players, etc. 

I'm using 4Sight which solved the communication problem. In the meantime, C4 techs are working on a true fix/patch. 

On 6/11/2019 at 7:49 AM, daerai said:

I have a bunch of Sonos zone players

A likely cause.

14 hours ago, Topfox said:

Although unsupported..my whole network is Ubiquiti and I have zero issues.

I believe they're still in talks on it. There's a known issue there, though I'm not privy to the details as such. But it's not something commonly seen.

Issue with using black-listed devices is that support will only help you so far as a dealer, because if there's a strong indication it's a network issue and you are using network devices known to cause issues.......

It's a bit or a rotten situation, as ubqt has some pretty solid stuff at some pretty solid prices.

As an update, I rolled back to 2.10.6 and everything is working great again.  I never did try using OS 3 with an Apple device, but it sounds like the issue I was having is only affecting Android devices.  Hopefully they fix it sooner than later so I can give it a try again.

Thank you for all of your help!

• 2 months later...

Hi my friend I resonate with your problem, as exactly the same happened to my. I decided to go back to OS2. As soon as I restore my system everything started to work just fine again. My installation es similar to yours. Have an HC800 ubiquity, not mesh. In addition to the problems you mentioned,  many scenes and buttons on my keypads wasn't working. 

My plans for now are not to migrate until more stable version solve these problems. Regardless of what many says I prefer 2.10 over 3.0 for now.

Hi, i have the same problem, I can’t connect android phone (Samsung S9) to OS3 app, but an iPhone and iPad connected to the same network work fine, I just have 1 unifi ap LR... whirl the system was in 2.10 all works fine, the problem began when I update the system to os3.... please help. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.