C4 Forums | Control4

3.0 Honeywell Vista 128 BPT Houselogix Driver

1 hour ago, chopedogg88 said:

How about the Honeywell 4232CBM driver?  that should work as long as you have the 4232 module.

If I remember correctly using this driver shows proper state, but doesn't arm/disarm properly using the c4 interface.

Just now, msgreenf said:

21p

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

that one is designed for the 4232cbm. Its been a while but If i remember the 128bpt has a direct rs232 connection and you can also try to hook up the 4232cbm and it almost works with the driver. The job I tried it on last year, waited for another button push after arming/disarming and I think you could work around it by jumping back a page and hitting the enter, but for the homeowner it wasn't smooth. The old ademco driver works, but you don't get the new gui and now 3.0

Yes the 128 BPT has a direct connect 232. That is how we currently have it using the houselogix driver and all functions and status work great. Just not sure what option is best to switch these 5/6 customers to do they have the same functions and status as they do now. Thanks for the reply’s. 

• 2 months later...

I am having the same issue here! The Houselogix driver will not work with OS3.0 and they said they will not update it. They are now AVSnap and after I contacted them they said they are interested in updating the driver. 

So I am trying now with the CBM4232 module. I do have a Vista 128BPT. The issues I am getting up to now:

1. Limited for 3 partitions. Houselogix was up to 8! I have 4 partitions...

2. The variables are most of the time blank, with no information in them. Don't know what is wrong... I am trying to identify if the system was armed STAY or AWAY but the variable is most of the time BLANK. So I cannot trust it!

3. The really bad thing is that I can only get alarm information from the partition the driver is logged-in. Once I log into partition 1, if partition 2 has na alarm the driver does not say! 

I am trying a lot of diferent configurations but it is quite hard. Anyone can help??

Thanks a lot.

You have mentioned that variables work fine for you. Perhaps you could help me a bit! Which system configuration you use? Panel? Partitions?

I am having quite some trouble to make the variables work and to get alarms from partitions that are not logged in. 

Thanks for all help!

I am in the same boat -- Honeywell Vista 128BPT plus the same HouseLogix driver as OP; I have delayed upgrading to OS3 because of it. 

If we got an HSIM unit from SnapAV and used their corresponding Honeywell HSIM driver, would that setup work with OS3?  The SnapAV listing still shows the HSIM as compatible with the 128BPT panel, but is it also compatible with OS3?

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Others say it is working no problem with OS3. Although not sure if they have Vista 20 panel. Any thing else change like moving any cables, changing out something, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing changed. It was recently giving problems with my 800 where if power went out and 800 restarted, it wouldn't reconnect for days. Now on EA-5 Not recognizing at all. 

You can't use the Control4 driver e the houselogix module. You need to use the cbm module from Honeywell with the control4 driver

So does that mean the houselogix module is dead moving forward? Or can the houselogix module be used with another driver?

If this is true, then that’s sad because it works great for me on 2.10.

7 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

The houselogix module can only be used w the houselogix driver. As for the future of it I can't comment. You would need to contact snap

So I had the houselogix module and driver and it wasn't working with 3.0. Does that mean I need to now buy the CBM module?

I think he’s saying if snap doesn’t update the old houselogix driver you and I are out of luck. Snap doesn’t seem to care about it.
Snap bought houselogix and shut it down for the most part even though they said they were still going to sell the HSIM module.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.