C4 Forums | Control4

3.0 Honeywell Vista 128 BPT Houselogix Driver

• 6 months later...

On 8/19/2019 at 12:05 PM, Nehsmit said:

WOOHOO!!!!! I can confirm that I have connected the 4232CBM to my EA-5 on OS 3.0 using a VISTA 20p system and programmed as above and it works. I can arm, stay, disarm, etc without issue. It does work fine

Thanks all for your help.

Do you have any motion sensors? If so do you use them in programming? Curious if this works well. I have an old Vista ICM and have programming hooked up to the motion sensors. 

8 hours ago, Robeng32 said:

Hi everyone, its been a little bit more that 6 months since the last post about a driver for the Vista128BPT panel and OS3.   Does anyone know if anything was updated or if a new driver is available yet?

Hi,

I have a Vista 128BPT, and I was also using the old Houselogix Honeywell driver.  I switched over to the HSIM module and driver, and all is well.  I can confirm that the HSIM works great with the Vista 128BPT, and it is compatible with OS3.  In fact, my security panel seems faster and more reliable in responding to the HSIM driver than to the old Houselogix Honeywell driver. 

As an aside, I was worried about whether there would be good support for the HSIM driver, and I'm happy to report that there was.  Before the install, my dealer called Control4 to confirm that HSIM is compatible with OS3, and C4 confirmed that it is. In addition, when my dealer had a minor issue during the installation of the HSIM driver, Control4 support was very helpful, and the problem got solved quickly. 

I hope this helps.

6 hours ago, msgreenf said:
7 hours ago, jamesc4 said:
Side question guys
thinking to start to use Honeywell Alarm panels
any comments ?
can I use alarm.com and also C4 intergration ?

No. One or the other

Hmm

I’m able do that with the NX8 

but now Interlogix is shutting down.

DSC has same issue like Honeywell

9 hours ago, DLite said:

Hi,

I have a Vista 128BPT, and I was also using the old Houselogix Honeywell driver.  I switched over to the HSIM module and driver, and all is well.  I can confirm that the HSIM works great with the Vista 128BPT, and it is compatible with OS3.  In fact, my security panel seems faster and more reliable in responding to the HSIM driver than to the old Houselogix Honeywell driver. 

As an aside, I was worried about whether there would be good support for the HSIM driver, and I'm happy to report that there was.  Before the install, my dealer called Control4 to confirm that HSIM is compatible with OS3, and C4 confirmed that it is. In addition, when my dealer had a minor issue during the installation of the HSIM driver, Control4 support was very helpful, and the problem got solved quickly. 

I hope this helps.

Awesome, thanks very much for that update.  We have this Vista128BPT panel in two job sites one that has the HSIM and the other with the CBM.   We will switch the CBM to an HSIM and let everyone know how that goes.   Both systems are on OS3.  

Thans Dlite for your post!!

I have a 128BPT panel connected using the 4232CBM module and has been working great. Unfortunately I am stuck at version 2.10.6 since my understanding (and dealer) was that there was no driver for the 4232CBM on Control 4 3.X version. 

We were aware of the HSMI module but I recall that some people here told there were problems to obtain the status of closed zones immediately, that it was on a polling/ timer, which is not useful for me since I need immediate notification of the opening and closing of zones (I am using Notification Suite with Pushover which woks great by the way).

I cannot find now the exact post where I read about this, but going into Houselogix's web in the following link http://www.houselogix.com/shop/hsim-dsc-honeywell-and-ademco-security-integration-module you can read on the second item of the Dealer notes the following:

Dealer Notes

• Control4 driver is NOT compatible with the end-of-life HHIM.
  • Due to the limited information we receive from the zones of the Honeywell panel, we are not able to track zone closed events in real-time. If there are multiple open zones and you close one, you will not see that close event until the integrated timer we have in Control4 expires. This does not apply to opening and closing a single zone or DSC since they report zone closures real-time.
  • We fully support the HSIM module and Control4 driver, however we cannot provide technical support for the security panel and associated alarm programming; please contact your security processional or distributor if you have alarm related questions.
  • Not intended for life safety applications.

This is why (underlined part) we always preferred the 4232CBM module over the HSIM.

But going now onto the Snapav web page (https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/security-integration-module-hsim-a) I cannot find any mention to this Dealer's note.

I would appreciate if somebody can clarify:

a) If the Dealer's note on Houselogix webpage was correct or it has never had that problem.

b) If this problem has been solved on version 2.10.6 of Control 4. I am asking this to see if I can try the driver before migrating to the latest 3.X version.

c) It the problem has not been solved on version 2.10.6, that it has been solved now in version 3.X.

Looking forward to your comments since I have a brand CA-10 with a Neeo Remote waiting until we can solve this incompatibility with the 128BPT to be able to migrate to version 3.X

Thanks!

Regards

7 hours ago, Robeng32 said:

Awesome, thanks very much for that update.  We have this Vista128BPT panel in two job sites one that has the HSIM and the other with the CBM.   We will switch the CBM to an HSIM and let everyone know how that goes.   Both systems are on OS3.  

Dear Robeng32,

Can you please confirm that the 128BPT panel you have with the 4232CBM module is on OS3? When the compatibility test to migrate to OS3 is runned it says that it is incompatible with 4232CBM.

Is it working correctly or with faults? If it works why will you migrate to the HSIM module?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

the driver works fine on OS 3 - use it daily

Thanks msgreenf!! That is great news.

Can you please comment also if it worked on 2.10.6, in this way I could ask my dealer to first install the HSIM module and try it. Once it is working we can then upgrade to os3

Thanks!!

9 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

the driver works fine on OS 3 - use it daily

5 minutes ago, ferbor said:

Thanks msgreenf!! That is great news.

Can you please comment also if it worked on 2.10.6, in this way I could ask my dealer to first install the HSIM module and try it. Once it is working we can then upgrade to os3

Thanks!!

Sorry, justo to reconfirm, you are talking about the HSIM driver no?

Thanks!

I am taking cbm
Ok. But my understanding is that cbm driver is only compatible with residential Vista Panels and not with the 128BPT that is commercial. We tried that driver and it was able to communicate with the 128BPT panel but only for a limited amount of zones ( i think 32zones). I am using 126 zones of the panel.
Is is possible that a dealer or a driver developer edits this driver to allow dor more zones? Or is it encrypted by C4?
Thanks!

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

Ok. But my understanding is that cbm driver is only compatible with residential Vista Panels and not with the 128BPT that is commercial. We tried that driver and it was able to communicate with the 128BPT panel but only for a limited amount of zones ( i think 32zones). I am using 126 zones of the panel.
Is is possible that a dealer or a driver developer edits this driver to allow dor more zones? Or is it encrypted by C4?
Thanks!

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

No. It's c4 encrypted

7 hours ago, ferbor said:

Thans Dlite for your post!!

I have a 128BPT panel connected using the 4232CBM module and has been working great. Unfortunately I am stuck at version 2.10.6 since my understanding (and dealer) was that there was no driver for the 4232CBM on Control 4 3.X version. 

We were aware of the HSMI module but I recall that some people here told there were problems to obtain the status of closed zones immediately, that it was on a polling/ timer, which is not useful for me since I need immediate notification of the opening and closing of zones (I am using Notification Suite with Pushover which woks great by the way).

I cannot find now the exact post where I read about this, but going into Houselogix's web in the following link http://www.houselogix.com/shop/hsim-dsc-honeywell-and-ademco-security-integration-module you can read on the second item of the Dealer notes the following:

Dealer Notes

• Control4 driver is NOT compatible with the end-of-life HHIM.
  • Due to the limited information we receive from the zones of the Honeywell panel, we are not able to track zone closed events in real-time. If there are multiple open zones and you close one, you will not see that close event until the integrated timer we have in Control4 expires. This does not apply to opening and closing a single zone or DSC since they report zone closures real-time.
  • We fully support the HSIM module and Control4 driver, however we cannot provide technical support for the security panel and associated alarm programming; please contact your security processional or distributor if you have alarm related questions.
  • Not intended for life safety applications.

This is why (underlined part) we always preferred the 4232CBM module over the HSIM.

But going now onto the Snapav web page (https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/security-integration-module-hsim-a) I cannot find any mention to this Dealer's note.

I would appreciate if somebody can clarify:

a) If the Dealer's note on Houselogix webpage was correct or it has never had that problem.

b) If this problem has been solved on version 2.10.6 of Control 4. I am asking this to see if I can try the driver before migrating to the latest 3.X version.

c) It the problem has not been solved on version 2.10.6, that it has been solved now in version 3.X.

Looking forward to your comments since I have a brand CA-10 with a Neeo Remote waiting until we can solve this incompatibility with the 128BPT to be able to migrate to version 3.X

Thanks!

Regards

You are correct about the zone closure issue. Just to clarify the behavior, if a single zone is open, its closure is tracked in real-time. If you have multiple zones open, and all are closed at (roughly) the same time, the closures will show up in real-time too.  However, if you have multiple zones open, and some (but not all) are closed, then then it takes 30 seconds for these zones to show up as closed in C4.  As far as I know, there is no way around this issue with the HSIM driver. 

17 hours ago, ferbor said:

Dear Robeng32,

Can you please confirm that the 128BPT panel you have with the 4232CBM module is on OS3? When the compatibility test to migrate to OS3 is runned it says that it is incompatible with 4232CBM.

Is it working correctly or with faults? If it works why will you migrate to the HSIM module?

Thanks!

Ferbor, the 128BPT was connected to the 4232CBM on 2.10.6 and was working.   The client wanted to move to OS3 so we switched to HSIM and currently having a few difficulties.  We are back on site next week with the alarm company to make another attempt to gett this to work.  I believe the problem is with the keypad address within the panel.  Its not set up properly to communicate.   Will update next week.

Hi there!

I do have a Vista 128BPT installed with 3 partitions a CBM4332 module and driver as well.

Running on Control4 2.10.6. CBM4332 driver is Honeywell 4232CBM (Residential).c4z, version 1.44.

At the driver documentation it is not stated that the driver is compatible with Vista BPT panels. So here is what I found out until now:

1)      Driver does not work well with multiple partitions. I wanted change my installation to 1 partition but it is limited to 32 zones. So I will add another BPT panel, one for each partition I want.

2)      The driver is very good and it works well telling when zones open or close. I am having difficulties in partition 2 however. Some of the zones are motion detectors and when they detect motion they do not close for quite some time. At the panel the zones are closed! That is a very bad situation!

3)      I have run the compatibility test to OS 3.0 and it does say anything about the CBM4332 driver. So I guess it is compatible! It only says about my speaker points and one older touchscreen.

In the next days I will be adding other BPT panels to the system with CBM modules for each one (I really need those partitions!) and test it.

16 hours ago, DLite said:

You are correct about the zone closure issue. Just to clarify the behavior, if a single zone is open, its closure is tracked in real-time. If you have multiple zones open, and all are closed at (roughly) the same time, the closures will show up in real-time too.  However, if you have multiple zones open, and some (but not all) are closed, then then it takes 30 seconds for these zones to show up as closed in C4.  As far as I know, there is no way around this issue with the HSIM driver. 

Thanks Dlite for your comment. The behaviour you mention is rather errátical, I need the driver to report immediately or almos immediately (within 1 sec)

Do you know what value is set at the "Zone Closure Timeout"? I am attaching a screenshot of the properties of the HSMI Driver where apparently this value can be modified. I cannot se what is the minimum value but maybe it is 0 or 1 sec and that could be "almos immediate".

Thanks!!

Hsim Driver screenshot.jpeg

7 hours ago, Robeng32 said:

Ferbor, the 128BPT was connected to the 4232CBM on 2.10.6 and was working.   The client wanted to move to OS3 so we switched to HSIM and currently having a few difficulties.  We are back on site next week with the alarm company to make another attempt to gett this to work.  I believe the problem is with the keypad address within the panel.  Its not set up properly to communicate.   Will update next week.

Dear Robeng32,

I agree with you, the 128BPT with the 4232CBM Driver works perfectly in 2.10.6.

Concerning the migration to the HSIM and OS3, I would really appreciate if you could update on how the Driver is working once you are able to set it up correctly with the alarm company. Please see my previous post and try it with the minimum setting of the "Zone Closure Timeout" property to see if the closing status of zones updates immediately.

Looking forward to your good news!!

Thanks

7 hours ago, PKGarcia said:

Hi there!

I do have a Vista 128BPT installed with 3 partitions a CBM4332 module and driver as well.

Running on Control4 2.10.6. CBM4332 driver is Honeywell 4232CBM (Residential).c4z, version 1.44.

At the driver documentation it is not stated that the driver is compatible with Vista BPT panels. So here is what I found out until now:

1)      Driver does not work well with multiple partitions. I wanted change my installation to 1 partition but it is limited to 32 zones. So I will add another BPT panel, one for each partition I want.

2)      The driver is very good and it works well telling when zones open or close. I am having difficulties in partition 2 however. Some of the zones are motion detectors and when they detect motion they do not close for quite some time. At the panel the zones are closed! That is a very bad situation!

3)      I have run the compatibility test to OS 3.0 and it does say anything about the CBM4332 driver. So I guess it is compatible! It only says about my speaker points and one older touchscreen.

In the next days I will be adding other BPT panels to the system with CBM modules for each one (I really need those partitions!) and test it.

As far as I know the driver you are using is compatible with 0S3 so it is correct that the compatibility test does not mention any problem with this driver. 

But, it is not compatible (or at least not approved) for the 128/256 BPT panels since these are commercial panels and not residential. Having said that, my dealer tried this driver in my house (2.10.6) and the driver could communicate correctly with the 128BPT panel (using the 4232CBM module) but only "imported" 32 zones from the panel. Since I am using 126zones (123 in partition 1 and 3 in partition 2) and there was no way to be able to "import" all of them he deleted the driver and went back to the old driver (old proxy). So I cannot tell you if it would have worked or not.

If you are planning to add more panels, and still haven't bought them maybe it would be better to buy one of the residential paneles that are mentioned on the Driver documentation.

2 hours ago, ferbor said:

Thanks Dlite for your comment. The behaviour you mention is rather errátical, I need the driver to report immediately or almos immediately (within 1 sec)

Do you know what value is set at the "Zone Closure Timeout"? I am attaching a screenshot of the properties of the HSMI Driver where apparently this value can be modified. I cannot se what is the minimum value but maybe it is 0 or 1 sec and that could be "almos immediate".

Thanks!!

Hsim Driver screenshot.jpeg

The default zone closure timeout value is 30 seconds. In my testing, using a lower value results in zones reporting in C4 as incorrectly closed.  I think that 30 is as low as you can go without causing problems.

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2020 at 10:50 AM, Robeng32 said:

Hello,

Any update on how this went?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.