C4 Forums | Control4

EA5 on the way

womble123

Hello all,

A dealer friend of mine has just sold me a V1 EA5. I currently have an Elan system  (Controller, Audio Matrix/Amp and Remote) but simply fancyied a change really.

I am having a Rako system fitted, well was planned for some blinds to be controlled and some rooms to have Rako lighting.

I understand the EA5 has a music server installed but onto outputs to a few zones. My Matrix/Amp is currently wired upto 6 zones so I understand I would have to change the the Matrix/Amp to a Control4 one (or at least compapatble). Been looking at the intergrated Matrix/Amp from Control4 and it only supports 4 zones and dont really want to purchase two. 

I have not centrlised everything, all video clients are Cat6 connected and using Plex and or Kodi. The AVR for the main room is hidden away in the room along with the Xbox and Oppo for changing disks but the rest of the whole house audio is centralised. 

Is there anything else im missing? Slightly disappointed in the downgraded remote control to the Control4 one but hey ho, this is just a temp fix to see if I like it and my dealer is doing all the install for free (well im paying him back with my services).

I currently have a Doorbird installed via POE and not impressed that the driver is close to £200 but then again, this is my choice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.