C4 Forums | Control4

Lutron Caseta Integration

I just purchased a caseta fan control, and pico remotes for audio, shades, dimmer, and fan. Going to integrate it with a tp-link kasa dimmer, sonos / marantz 1508, and somfy shades. I'll use c4 to drive macros from the pico remotes. Seems like a great way to integrate all the systems I have now.

For the last 8 yeas I used c4 plus sonos...

Now I am c4, sonos, Philip's hue, lutron caseta, somfy, and Alexa. Let's see how it all works together.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, thegizzard said:

I just purchased a caseta fan control, and pico remotes for audio, shades, dimmer, and fan. Going to integrate it with a tp-link kasa dimmer, sonos / marantz 1508, and somfy shades. I'll use c4 to drive macros from the pico remotes. Seems like a great way to integrate all the systems I have now.

For the last 8 yeas I used c4 plus sonos...

Now I am c4, sonos, Philip's hue, lutron caseta, somfy, and Alexa. Let's see how it all works together.

Can you send me a picture of the fan control installed in a box next to a C4 Keypad/Keypad Dimmer?

19 minutes ago, thegizzard said:

This is the best I could do I didn't have any c4 stuff not installed. 09d82bb4b05e9dcbd65d74b5d5b1c157.jpg

Thanks! I was hoping for a side by side pic of a C4 keypad or keypad dimmer with the Caseta dimmer - with them both installed. If that’s convenient, awesome. If not, NBD. 

Loosen and line up all the wall plate screws all either east west or north south. Not screw until you can’t anymore. 

My ocd cannot handle that 
Lol. Much appreciated. After 2 kids and a dog making a mess of things I don't even see things like this anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Control4@8293 said:

Just upgraded to 3.0 and my Lutron shaded are not functioning properly...dealer tried new drivers...cant figure ti out...anyone have the skill set for remote programming on this...happy to pay!

Define "not working properly".
What exactly is not working?

2 hours ago, Control4@8293 said:

Just upgraded to 3.0 and my Lutron shaded are not functioning properly...dealer tried new drivers...cant figure ti out...anyone have the skill set for remote programming on this...happy to pay!

If it's a RA interface, be sure you're using a unique user and password for the Control4 driver, not the default/main programming interface user/pass.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm working on integrating 6 Caseta controlled shades with C4 OS3 but I've run into a strange issue that affects all the shades.  The controls work fine, but when the shades are closed (0% open), they fall off the touchscreen navigators and cannot be controlled.  When I use a pico to raise them to 1% or higher, they come back and are controlled just fine.  

Seems like a driver issue - has anyone else seen this?  Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi, I found that the default view in the OS3 navigator is to show active devices only and to see the shades that are 0% open (not active), you need to press the show all button with 3 lines on the bottom of the screen.  Is there any way to change the default view to show all?

Homeworks QS. Nothing is better or more versatile. While it is expensive and doesnt fit all budget or applications, in the instance of new construction a properly planned, wired and installed panelized lighting system has so many benefits. Having worked on C4 lighting, RA2, caseta, Homeworks interactive, Homeworks illuminations, QS reigns supreme. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2019 at 11:30 AM, BakerBalay said:

chopedogg88- create a scene in the Caseta app and have an advanced lighting scene call that Lutron ID- your popcorn with disappear completely.

ILoveC4- there is no double tap option in Lutron except for Homeworks. If you want to try this off a Pico in Caseta, you can leave that button unassigned to any loads in the Caseta app. Set up a variable and have the Pico button programmed to cycle through the variable. Each number gets a different scene, and then resets to off. Homeworks calls this a sequential. Using this in an ancient RadioRA2 scenario and even have the LED readout in RA2 following via programming, but the rest of the family had a hard time dealing with the change when I made it! 

You could run Caseta for the switching/dimming/fan control, and run C4 keypads for all the programming functionality and the Zigbee mesh. And make sure to get the SmartBridge PRO through distribution, jackstiffer is right- the HD SmartBridge (no PRO) does NOT integrate at all.

I would love to accomplish this as well, however, I don't see lutron caseta ID's assigned to scenes.  All scenes have ID #1 along with the smartbridge pro, however, have subsequent "numbers".  The first two are predetermined, and the ones I've created begin at #3 within ID #1.  I'm not seeing in Composer Pro how I can assign a subgroup under the ID assignment to get to the number.

• 7 months later...
11 minutes ago, Jbroder630 said:

Do you have to buy the PRO switches or just the PRO Hub to integrate with C4? I don’t see any fan controls in the PRO line.

You must have the Pro hub to integrate with C4.

Really like casetas lighting C4 integration.

One question would be about our C4 audio zones through the house. Thought I saw somewhere we could use Caseta picos to control volume as well. Did I make that up or is it a thing? Maybe Sonos only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, jebt2921 said:

Really like casetas lighting C4 integration.

One question would be about our C4 audio zones through the house. Thought I saw somewhere we could use Caseta picos to control volume as well. Did I make that up or is it a thing? 

you can program any button (up to 5) on the Pico remotes to run any C4 command you want.  I have a couple of remotes that no longer control loads but still use the remotes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.