Jump to content
niall

Can you downgrade 3.0 to 2.10?

Recommended Posts

Just wondering if this is this possible.

Just upgraded to 3.0 then found out half the stuff from the on screen navigator isn't there.

cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Requires a program that dealer can download. But everything is still there...did you press the C4 button in the top left?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I take it from your reply that the answer is to re-image it and restore a backup, and re-associate all the Zigby remotes and keypads.

I'm missing the lights and the security from the OSD, wish I'd known beforehand.

I don't suppose anyone knows if there are plans to bring them back to the OSD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only Control4 would be able to tell you, and they won't as they don't pre-announce

 

Is it likely? Well I'd like to think so, but as to when -or exactly how/in what capacity- that would be is another matter altogether.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, niall said:

Thanks,

Such a shame that they released this without having parity with 2.10.

If they released with full parity with 2.10, it would be 2.10.

Things change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Yeah,  BUT it was in nearly every review (and I assume the release notes) that I read about 3.0.. literally, everyone has been talking about it.

Not trying to start an argument, but take a look at their screenshots on the website. I see lights here.

image.png.8a2e0765ce428b94eb3f77bf5f16b8ff.png

The description below the picture reads:

Favorites make it fast to get to your most-used lights or scenes, and also quickly start your favorite movie or music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, niall said:

Thanks I appreciate the value you've added to the thread.

You're apparently not a dealer, because you don't have access to the proper materials, taking away from the livelihood of half the people on this board. 

Thanks for the value that you add to the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, niall said:

Not trying to start an argument, but take a look at their screenshots on the website. I see lights here.

image.png.8a2e0765ce428b94eb3f77bf5f16b8ff.png

The description below the picture reads:

Favorites make it fast to get to your most-used lights or scenes, and also quickly start your favorite movie or music.

If you read the release materials, it tells you exactly what you're seeing. FAVORITES. (it's even there in the sentence). It's also in just about every other thread in this board and others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, niall said:

Not trying to start an argument, but take a look at their screenshots on the website. I see lights here.

image.png.8a2e0765ce428b94eb3f77bf5f16b8ff.png

The description below the picture reads:

Favorites make it fast to get to your most-used lights or scenes, and also quickly start your favorite movie or music.

My understanding is you can turn on/off lights but not adjust brightness outside of an experience button/scene so you can have "watch TV" or add lighting to the TV to ensure they are a certain level. You can turn them on/off. But you can't use slider. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

My understanding is you can turn on/off lights but not adjust brightness outside of an experience button/scene so you can have "watch TV" or add lighting to the TV to ensure they are a certain level. You can turn them on/off. But you can't use slider. 

Thanks, that's pretty helpful. I might be able to make that work as a stop gap. I'll take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

You're apparently not a dealer, because you don't have access to the proper materials, taking away from the livelihood of half the people on this board. 

Thanks for the value that you add to the community.

Are you seriously accusing me of stealing the livelihood of dealers? I'd ask how I'd done that, but to be honest I don't really want to get involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, niall said:

Are you seriously accusing me of stealing the livelihood of dealers? I'd ask how I'd done that, but to be honest I don't really want to get involved.

Yet you replied.

And yes, if you're not a dealer, and using Composer without proper authorization, you're taking livelihood away from dealers. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My understanding is you can turn on/off lights but not adjust brightness outside of an experience button/scene so you can have "watch TV" or add lighting to the TV to ensure they are a certain level. You can turn them on/off. But you can't use slider. 

You can create an any number of Advanced Lighting Scenes, and favorite as many of them as you want, but you’re correct - the sliders are gone in the 3.0 OSD. This should not have been a surprise to any dealer that was paying attention.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, livitup said:

 to any dealer

Assuming you're a dealer..

That said it shouldn't surprise ANYONE that bothers to check before updating from a one major revision to the next. Heaven forbid you check release notes before updating 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, therockhr said:

32t9q6.jpg

Aww love the effort put into this, but note the fact that the wording used here would lead to the assumption that the person in question either DID the update, or at the very least requested it.

Oh, and there's the fact that I said ANYONE, which would include the dealers, whom I do not deny include any number that also don't bother to read the information. Even-though C4 made the exceptional move of announcing the arrival a week beforehand, urging dealers specifically to read the information, look at the videos they released and advised them to test on their own systems first.

 

🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget all that - Do like that Icon for the Lock - Our says Lock and Sensors (Yale Keyless)

Is they a another Driver we can use for Lock part to get that Icon ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 3:22 PM, thegreatheed said:

Yet you replied.

And yes, if you're not a dealer, and using Composer without proper authorization, you're taking livelihood away from dealers. 

 

Ok... Generally I've been fairly quiet for the last year and mostly just reading the threads watching for new C4 stuff or other interesting 3rd party items, and or ideas. 

But I had to pop in and post before slinking back into the shadows...  Are you always this nasty to people and are you yourself a dealer, hopefully not mine if you are... I ask because many of your posts trend towards not so nice. The OP said he just upgraded, didn't say he did it and didn't say he didn't do it.  I think most of us assumed he upgraded via his dealer who didn't inform him of possible issues, conflicts, or loss of functionality.  Believe it or not, not every dealer is amazing and covers these things.  Sometimes a client calls and says they want to upgrade and so the dealer upgrades them, no questions asked. 

Yes you can read this thread and come to possible conclusions but why? What purpose does it serve outside of trolling someone. I'm sure I'll get accused of doing the same thing but if you look at my past posts you'll see that my MO is generally the same. There is no reason to be mean, nasty, ignorant, or otherwise to people.  

With that said, back to the shadows and maybe someday I'll just learn to keep my mouth shut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

Ok... Generally I've been fairly quiet for the last year and mostly just reading the threads watching for new C4 stuff or other interesting 3rd party items, and or ideas. 

But I had to pop in and post before slinking back into the shadows...  Are you always this nasty to people and are you yourself a dealer, hopefully not mine if you are... I ask because many of your posts trend towards not so nice. The OP said he just upgraded, didn't say he did it and didn't say he didn't do it.  I think most of us assumed he upgraded via his dealer who didn't inform him of possible issues, conflicts, or loss of functionality.  Believe it or not, not every dealer is amazing and covers these things.  Sometimes a client calls and says they want to upgrade and so the dealer upgrades them, no questions asked. 

Yes you can read this thread and come to possible conclusions but why? What purpose does it serve outside of trolling someone. I'm sure I'll get accused of doing the same thing but if you look at my past posts you'll see that my MO is generally the same. There is no reason to be mean, nasty, ignorant, or otherwise to people.  

With that said, back to the shadows and maybe someday I'll just learn to keep my mouth shut. 

Don't let him keep you from coming here.  Just ignore him.. like I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...