C4 Forums | Control4

WakeUp/Good Night Agent

Hi, anyone with a problem in WakeUp/Good Night agent on OS 3?
As doc says, i've removed the WakeUp agent, then upgraded to OS 3. Now on OS 3 i've created a Wakeup agent but this doesnt show on selected room or any room in android/ios device

i noticed that 'AM/PM' dont show after agent time: example: 07:00:AM

Composer Pro 3.0.0, Build 562836-res

Director version: 3.0.0.562835-res  May 22 2019 18:32:19

screenshot.PNG

Would be nice if they would fix the bugs and enhance the Wakeup / Goodnight Agent.  The look and feel and potential functionality is much better than the old Wakeup agent but the following really needs to be looked at by C4:

1. When changing things in the Agent in Composer, some settings don’t save / revert to old (or random) numbers.

2. Need this to work on all devices.  Reality is that one wants to set these off when one is in bed (via a phone or tablet).

3. Deal with playing music better so that you can choose sources from the navigator. At the moment (other than  possibly TVs which I have not tried), it seems like you need to do this via programming rather than via the Wake Up portion of the Agent.

4. Allow one to programmatically kick of the sleep timer (I.e. start sleep timer).  Currently one can only execute the end of the timer, not start the timer from programming... so my Alexa programming is now pretty stupid... When i say “Turn on Sleep”, I start a regular timer for 15 minutes and then when it expires, I run the goodnight event... This means that I don’t have control of the timer 

5. Ideally it should allow more options for lights (e.g. select multiple lights not just individual lights or all lights) and allow one to select lighting scenes.

6. Allow changes to the wake up time and the length of the sleep timer via programming.

Admittedly, items 3 to 5 can be worked around via clever programming.  The reality is this is actually a cool Agent but needs a little work to take it to the level that OS3 deserves!

As someone that was using the legacy Wakup Agent, #2 is the biggest one for me - the primary reason that I liked that better was that it could be altered from my phone.  Yes, I have a T3, but that's 10 feet away, and when I remember that I don't want the Wakeup running for my son, I'm usually in bed...my phone is closer than the nearest touchscreen...

I also miss the thermostat control...

14 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Would be nice if they would fix the bugs and enhance the Wakeup / Goodnight Agent.  The look and feel and potential functionality is much better than the old Wakeup agent but the following really needs to be looked at by C4:

1. When changing things in the Agent in Composer, some settings don’t save / revert to old (or random) numbers.

2. Need this to work on all devices.  Reality is that one wants to set these off when one is in bed (via a phone or tablet).

3. Deal with playing music better so that you can choose sources from the navigator. At the moment (other than  possibly TVs which I have not tried), it seems like you need to do this via programming rather than via the Wake Up portion of the Agent.

4. Allow one to programmatically kick of the sleep timer (I.e. start sleep timer).  Currently one can only execute the end of the timer, not start the timer from programming... so my Alexa programming is now pretty stupid... When i say “Turn on Sleep”, I start a regular timer for 15 minutes and then when it expires, I run the goodnight event... This means that I don’t have control of the timer 

5. Ideally it should allow more options for lights (e.g. select multiple lights not just individual lights or all lights) and allow one to select lighting scenes.

6. Allow changes to the wake up time and the length of the sleep timer via programming.

Admittedly, items 3 to 5 can be worked around via clever programming.  The reality is this is actually a cool Agent but needs a little work to take it to the level that OS3 deserves!

I agree especially in #2, this is a nice play from control4 to increase t3 but giving options is a better choice. This is why Control4 is the best, because we can do anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

One additional thing for #2 - I find myself forgetting to turn off the wake-up agent *before* we leave for a few days.  I usually remember once I'm on the road and remember, I can't turn them off because I don't have access to a T3.  The only option at that point is to try to make a mental note to catch it the next morning after the agent turns things on in each room and manually turn off all of the rooms that are on as a result of the wake-up agent that I can't disable.  Well, I usually forget to turn them off every day when I'm not at home, and come home to a house with audio, lights, and TVs that are on...and have a wife asking why everything is on...

For some reason, I find myself wanting to change the wake-up agents often through my phone.  I view the wake-up agent as being set for the "normal" scenarios so I don't have to think about it.  I only want to adjust it when things aren't normal, like I'm out of town on a Wednesday, or the kids don't have school on a random Monday.  The 4 touchscreens aren't in play about 70% of the time...especially if I'm not at home...

3 hours ago, dw886 said:

One additional thing for #2 - I find myself forgetting to turn off the wake-up agent *before* we leave for a few days.  I usually remember once I'm on the road and remember, I can't turn them off because I don't have access to a T3.  The only option at that point is to try to make a mental note to catch it the next morning after the agent turns things on in each room and manually turn off all of the rooms that are on as a result of the wake-up agent that I can't disable.  Well, I usually forget to turn them off every day when I'm not at home, and come home to a house with audio, lights, and TVs that are on...and have a wife asking why everything is on...

For some reason, I find myself wanting to change the wake-up agents often through my phone.  I view the wake-up agent as being set for the "normal" scenarios so I don't have to think about it.  I only want to adjust it when things aren't normal, like I'm out of town on a Wednesday, or the kids don't have school on a random Monday.  The 4 touchscreens aren't in play about 70% of the time...especially if I'm not at home...

I agree with you that this needs to be added to tablet and phone control.

That said, you can deal with your situation by having a custom button that runs a line of code to disable all wake ups... that can be done via one line of code.

On 6/6/2019 at 1:19 AM, Silvio Ney said:

I agree especially in #2, this is a nice play from control4 to increase t3 but giving options is a better choice. This is why Control4 is the best, because we can do anything. 

Wow what a quick jump to conclusion there. But yes it should be added to OSD, and the apps.

It's a BIG item on the dealer side of things too.

I have played a lot with the wake up agent over the last week or two.  In terms of media play back, am I correct in saying that the only media I can get to play directly from the wake up agent is Tune In Stations and TV channels? I would love to get Tidal or Digital Media playing.  I know I can do this via programming but that is not the same....

A week ago, I thought this was limited to TV channels, so having now learned that Tune In Stations is an option, I am wondering if I’ve missed another source that works here!

I have played a lot with the wake up agent over the last week or two.  In terms of media play back, am I correct in saying that the only media I can get to play directly from the wake up agent is Tune In Stations and TV channels? I would love to get Tidal or Digital Media playing.  I know I can do this via programming but that is not the same....
A week ago, I thought this was limited to TV channels, so having now learned that Tune In Stations is an option, I am wondering if I’ve missed another source that works here!
I have at least one setup to play Pandora. I can't remember without looking if it's using an EA Pandora stream or through a Sonos Connect...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Related but different... I am working on a sort of "roundabout" wake up function for my wife. The general idea is to tie to a certain light in the bathroom. When it's on, I want it to start a playlist on a Sonos connect (from google play). I have the programming done in CHE to trigger the sonos favorite (her playlist), and it also sets the ceiling speakers to the sonos connect 1 input. However, I cant figure out how to make it shuffle by default? Is there a way to do this programatically? 

Secondarily... once I upgrade to OS3, will I be able to make a custom button in the app on our phones that would do this instead of tying to a light? We dont have a touchpad.

Thanks,

On 6/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

Interesting...

I use Pandora stations from the Sonos Favorite list for all our Wakeup/Goodnight sequences.  It works well.  However, it is a programmatic solution; I agree it would be great if one could change the audio source directly from the T3, instead of via programming.  

Also, regarding the earlier comment of ramp-up and ramp-down of volume, I agree this would be a nice feature to have built-in.  However, it is pretty straightforward to reproduce this using timers in a wakeup or goodnight sequence.   

On 6/21/2019 at 4:29 AM, dw886 said:

Optionally, you could program so the agent does not run when your alarm is armed.

Of course this only works if a) you have an integrated alarm and b) 'we leave for a few days' refers to everyone in the house.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, jakblak said:

Not sure if everyone noticed but Wakeup/Sleep functionality has now been added to all of the mobile apps for OS3.  

Did you have to do something to get them to show up?  Is there an app update, or an Control4 controller OS update?  My android phone doesn't show them yet, and the update that I have says May 16.

1 minute ago, dw886 said:

Did you have to do something to get them to show up?  Is there an app update, or an Control4 controller OS update?  My android phone doesn't show them yet, and the update that I have says May 16.

There was an app update that went live on Monday.  The version of the Android app is 3.0.1, and 3.0.3 for iOS

Looks like (even with the app update) WakeUp/Goodnight agent still requires a T3 in the project in order for the agent to be added.  I tried to add it to a project with no touchscreens, and got a dialog box requesting a touchscreen in the project.

10 minutes ago, jakblak said:

There was an app update that went live on Monday.  The version of the Android app is 3.0.1, and 3.0.3 for iOS

Ahhh...whoops, I still had a pre-release version installed so it wasn't showing that there was an update available.  Thank you for the build numbers - that helped.  Uninstalled, and re-installed from the Play store and all is good.

7 hours ago, OceanDad said:

Looks like (even with the app update) WakeUp/Goodnight agent still requires a T3 in the project in order for the agent to be added.  I tried to add it to a project with no touchscreens, and got a dialog box requesting a touchscreen in the project.

I’ll check on this as I don’t think it should be a requirement.  If so, it sounds like a bug

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.