C4 Forums | Control4

DSTV Icons

Hi. I have recently purchased a control4 for my room. I am from South Africa and i have a cable box with DSTV explora. I previously had the C4 system and i noticed when i want to watch cable i just select an icon from my ipad or phone and it goes straight to the channel. With my new system i noticed that i do not have any icons for DSTV. How do i get this? I dont want to call the dealer out as the call out rate is bit expensive if its a simple task to add on myself.

thanks

6 hours ago, Ritz27 said:

Yes. I only downloaded HE yesterday. Still have to get use to it.

Thanks will try it and see what happens.

Most decent SA dealers will have an XML file that they can upload for you to give you all the relevant channel icons. Alternatively you can add them yourself in Media as @msgreenf has already stated.  

On 6/7/2019 at 10:44 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

Most decent SA dealers will have an XML file that they can upload for you to give you all the relevant channel icons. Alternatively you can add them yourself in Media as @msgreenf has already stated.  

mmmm still cant figure this out. Went under media and theres nothing there.  I have upgraded my system to OS 3. Well ill just play around more and see what happens 😟

Media - broadcast - cable or sat. That's where you add channels and icons. This is not something the system loads automatically. Dealers can create xml files to load, or you can do it manually (and pick and choose what channels you want fast access too)

• 9 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 4:09 PM, msgreenf said:

Do you he? If so you need to go to media and add the channels

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Adding DSTV chanels using Composer HE - what ZIP code should I use? It says it should be 5 digits. 

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

sounds like you are not in the US?  I don't know if that function works internationally. 

Yes, I am in South Africa. And our cable TV is DSTv (MultiChoice)

On 4/9/2020 at 12:46 PM, Joza said:

Yes, I am in South Africa. And our cable TV is DSTv (MultiChoice)

Ask your dealer for help.  There are a number of South African channel files (my terminology is probably all wrong) floating around that your dealer can easily upload and give you most of what you want.  Or you can do it yourself (one channel at a time). 

55 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Ask your dealer for help.  There are a number of South African channel files (my terminology is probably all wrong) floating around that your dealer can easily upload and give you most of what you want.  Or you can do it yourself (one channel at a time). 

Thank you. I did one channel at the time especially starting with most to least watched.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.