C4 Forums | Control4

bRoomba - Looking for testers

bnet

Happy Monday everyone -

I have a working C4 Roomba driver and am looking for a few testers to help shake it down - please msg me if you are interested.

A few notes:

• The driver is stand-alone (no external/cloud API calls, talks directly to the roomba)
  • Works with "new" iRobot MQTT interface (NOT "old" HTTPS API)
  • I'm working with model 980
  • It claims to be up-to-date, running firmware v2.4.6-3
  • Current functionality:
    • Find Roomba on network
    • Get/Extract username and password
    • Basic commands: Start, Stop, Pause, Resume and Dock

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks!

Will this work with the 960? I would like to test it too.

I want to have lights come on and off in rooms while it is running. Mainly in the basement, it cleans better with light so it can see where is has been and then shows the map of what was cleaned.

11 hours ago, jebt2921 said:

Any screenshots for what this looks like in the Control4 app? And does it work on os3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached is a screen shot from my iOS app.  "Houdini" is my Roomba's name shamelessly between some of my other drivers

re OS3, here is an excerpt from the driver documentation:

"There have been a few icon-related issues reported while using C4’s iOS app connected to an OS3 Director. Because these issues are not repeatable on other C4 navigators (like a T3 or the Android app) or on OS 2.x, I currently believe the issue is somewhere between OS3 and the iOS app.  If you have an issue with the icons, you may choose to simply not add it to your room view until the issue is resolved. The primary purpose of the driver is to enable automated commands (start Roomba when Away button is invoked) and was not necessarily intended to replace the iRobot app."

Image-17.png

4 hours ago, kmonty2 said:

I want to have lights come on and off in rooms while it is running. Mainly in the basement, it cleans better with light so it can see where is has been and then shows the map of what was cleaned.

I did have a 960 tester and all was reported functional

On 6/23/2019 at 4:47 PM, kmonty2 said:

Set and scheduled event to start the Roomba and turn on a lighting scene. Then set a second one to turn off the lights when done. I sent mine to turn the light off after an hour as it takes about 50 min for my clean cycle to finish.

image.png.bd638d7c1a78b2a914d53917860b68e4.png

• 9 months later...
On 6/24/2019 at 2:43 PM, Jack_Ckun said:

Set and scheduled event to start the Roomba and turn on a lighting scene. Then set a second one to turn off the lights when done. I sent mine to turn the light off after an hour as it takes about 50 min for my clean cycle to finish.

image.png.bd638d7c1a78b2a914d53917860b68e4.png

Curious - does the Roomba need lights to be on to work optimally?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.