C4 Forums | Control4

RS485 Keypad

1 hour ago, SMHarman said:

It can with the panel keypad module, but why.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

Because i can get wired keypads cheaper than wireless..Also i am in the process of running cat6 cables..so some locations i can probably run extra cables..

Because i can get wired keypads cheaper than wireless..Also i am in the process of running cat6 cables..so some locations i can probably run extra cables..
OK this is the C4-KCB or C4-kcb?

You will also need a c4-din-bps48 to power them all and a c4-din-beg to handle the comms between the wired keypads and the ethernet. And something to put them on or in that meets your local wiring code. Din rail is likely adequate as it is LV

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

You can, but surely any small cost difference  between a wireless keypad and a wired one would be wiped out by the cost of having to buy a 48V bus power supply, bus ethernet gateway and a suitable DIN rail enclosure to house it all.

Also, you DO NOT want to be running CAT6 cable for the keypads, it is technically possible to use (usually only in retrofit situations where that is all that is there ) but it is not a recommended wiring type. You want to be using a 4 core + drain 18/22 gauge Lutron type cable. Same as this basically:

https://www.fscables.com/sites/admin/plugins/elfinder/files/fscables/Datasheets/1822ECCH-E00.pdf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.