C4 Forums | Control4

What Media Player is everyone using?

My wife currently uses 2-  Amazon Fire TV boxes for the Master Bedroom and Living room.

Since C4 can't control them anymore what are guys using for Netflix, Amazon Prime videos and apps like the CW?

I just ordered a Vero 4K+ to play back movies from  my home server instead of using Windows PC's as a client. 

Is there a C4 driver for Kodi?

Cheers Jason

? What do you mean can't control then anymore?

They released an updated driver months ago, and there's IRUSB ...

I mean unless I missed something recently - I rarely come across a fireTV to begin with. I'll take a Roku over anything else anytime, followed by an NVidia Shield...

As for a C4 driver for Kodi, there's is an excellent 3rd party driver, but I couldn't tell you if or how well it'll work on the device you already ordered........

C4 can control Amazon Fire TVs actually...there was a period that it broke, but now its fixed.  That said, the control is a bit laggy for my tastes - I recommend Roku...the control is flawless and not laggy.  But Roku can't do Kodi if that's what you're after.

I'm probably in the minority, but appleTV. - use my C4 remote get Plex, Netflix, Amazon, Directv Now, etc, etc. Big difference for me is the apple ecosystem...we also airplay (when no other devices) and Apple Music. Otherwise, I think Ruko is less expensive.

If you have a fire tv in a centralized location (eg hooked up to a matrix switch) can you use commands from an Echo device in another room to control it rather than using the voice remote?

Hate Roku always have, just a personal preference. nvidia Shield don’t know enough about it but I don’t personally know a single person with one.

FireTV has had some issues lately, love my AppleTV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

34 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

Hate Roku always have, just a personal preference. nvidia Shield don’t know enough about it but I don’t personally know a single person with one.

FireTV has had some issues lately, love my AppleTV

I used to be all in for Roku and rarely used AppleTV, but Roku is not keeping up as well.  I like having both.  Also use FireTV occasionally.  Never used Shield.

If you are invested in the Apple ecosystem and only want to have one, Apple TV is a no-brainer.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.