C4 Forums | Control4

shades integration

C4BeLL0

Question

10 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, C4BeLL0 said:

Hello guys,

Im thinking to integrated my shades, any suggestions? there's some friends telling me to go with  lutron, but I heard is a pain in the b.... to program? Ill installed my self, so simpler the better.  

I am using Somfy.  You can buy them online and install the blinds yourself.  AVOutlet.com is where I got mine.  That said you need a MyLink adapter to make the Somfy RTS signal talk to C4.  My personal MyLink adapter seems to fall offline every ~2-3 weeks or so and I have very strong Wifi in my house (tested and analyzed with a few tools).  So I need to carve out some time to contact Somfy for support.  When MyLink is up and running the system works great.  Toggle, open/close to various % using a slider interface in C4 (using paid driver to accomplish this) but its all slick, tidy and nice.

53 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

I am using Somfy.  You can buy them online and install the blinds yourself.  AVOutlet.com is where I got mine.  That said you need a MyLink adapter to make the Somfy RTS signal talk to C4.  My personal MyLink adapter seems to fall offline every ~2-3 weeks or so and I have very strong Wifi in my house (tested and analyzed with a few tools).  So I need to carve out some time to contact Somfy for support.  When MyLink is up and running the system works great.  Toggle, open/close to various % using a slider interface in C4 (using paid driver to accomplish this) but its all slick, tidy and nice.

How well does this driver work? Curious about the various % position 

Toggle, open/close to various % using a slider interface in C4 (using paid driver to accomplish this) but its all slick, tidy and nice.

7 minutes ago, cidle323 said:

How well does this driver work? Curious about the various % position 

Toggle, open/close to various % using a slider interface in C4 (using paid driver to accomplish this) but its all slick, tidy and nice.

works well

I have 2 blinds in the room, if I set them both to say 66% open they both move to the basically an identical position, aka 66% open.  Is it exactly 66%?  I did not measure but it is certainly close enough to the eye.  Somfy MyLink is a 1 way communication, so the person who wrote the driver has an area in the properties to tell the driver how long in seconds it takes to move the blind fully to the down position from the fully open position.  So from there it does calculations to open it to various %s - ie if it takes 10 seconds to fully close, and you do 50%, it will send a note for the motor to run for 5 seconds so its 50% open.  easy example.  

Above choices are good.  I went with custom blinds with Rollease Acmeda motors.  Annex4 drivers work quite well with C4.  Cost was a big factor for me because of the number of motors I had and this solution was significantly less expensive than any other option.

if $ not a concern go with Lutron.  Quietest/best motors by day, but also the most expensive.

22 hours ago, jfh said:

Above choices are good.  I went with custom blinds with Rollease Acmeda motors.  Annex4 drivers work quite well with C4.  Cost was a big factor for me because of the number of motors I had and this solution was significantly less expensive than any other option.

if $ not a concern go with Lutron.  Quietest/best motors by day, but also the most expensive.

Just added some of these to my house too (Draper Brand shades with Rollease motors). Mine are the wireless battery powered version and they work great. I've had them for 6 months and have yet to have to charge the batteries. Annex4 driver works very well too. I have some of the Bali shades in my project and the Rollease are certainly very quiet when compared with those...never heard the Lutron ones to compare. 

And as far as the Bali shades, I've been pretty happy with them too. They are much louder than the Rollease ones, have to replace batteries more often, more steps to integrate...but are definitely cheaper and can do essentially all of the integration on your own. I use them mostly in spots where I operate them on a timer 90% of the time so I don't care about the noise issues you'll see brought up in other posts.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.