C4 Forums | Control4

Break and Stop commands

ILoveC4

That is what I envisioned, thanks codeman. The timer agent makes this so much easier now. That is so complex, I could not imagine wanting to mess with all that just to be able to add 5 minutes. Just set a timer. If the timer runs out and the fan turns off, turn the fan on again, which will then start the timer and shut the fan off when the timer hits zero.

I would imagine this taxes the processor, right?

I am still left curious about the real life example of the "break" command.

Maybe that dealer is selling a certain level of responsiveness and the 1000 delivers that.

I know I saw quite a speed bump when I installed my 1000, and I only have around 100 Zigbee devices, but I do have a pretty good size media library and some complicated programming.

RyanE

^My dealer doesn't believe in 1000s for projects less than 100 loads. I would buy for your reason but he won't let me :(

He won't let you? Who is this guy, I want to go slap some sense into him.

Sales101: When you have a customer that wants to buy something and you feel it might not be the best way for them to invest their money, advise against the purchase and carefully explain the pros and cons. If the customer persists with wanting to make said purchase, offer one more warning/bit of advice (optional), then complete the sale.

EDIT: Typo

Naw, he's cool. He just doesn't think I'm at the stage (size-wise) that warrants a 1000. My thought is the system is getting slower. Whether it's due to networking issues or not, I'm not at a conclusion.

Naw, he's cool. He just doesn't think I'm at the stage (size-wise) that warrants a 1000. My thought is the system is getting slower. Whether it's due to networking issues or not, I'm not at a conclusion.

I think your Cognac-adryl consumption makes your system "slower". ;)

• 3 months later...
I suppose in theory, there's nothing keeping it from going in, but I doubt that it's anywhere on *anyone's* radar.

RyanE

You can easily create your own "else" with the use of a variable. But it's really unnecessary with the BREAK statement.

<Boolean Variable - MYELSE>

Set MYELSE = TRUE

IF conditionA

execute commands

Set MYELSE = FALSE

IF MYELSE = TRUE

execute alternate commands

Archived