C4 Forums | Control4

Text to Speech Driver (Web Interface, Control4 App, Voice Messages & More)

39 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Version 4 has been released!

Version 4 - (July 04, 2019)

• Added Multi Room Support
  • Added voice gender option for Google Cloud TTS Engine

Version 3 - (July 04, 2019)

• Added ability to inject variables into typed text with { ProxyID::Variable Name } syntax
  • Fixed icon issue with media service
  • Better error handling for invalid Google Cloud API Key

https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/store/control4-text-to-speech/

You might consider .x releases. When we push code, updates are often after the 3rd decimal. V1.2.3.45. 

Do as you please, but at the rate you’re rocking it might be good have a 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and raise the first number for major upgrades. 

Keep up the good work! I’m going to go buy it once I get home. 

Talking about versions...I made a mistake on the last release with it being a v5 in the driver but v4 with BWD. There shouldn't be any issue with using the V4/5 but if you have any issues with your license then just upgrade to the new V6 which is available...sorry about this :( 

As for .x releases, i did consider them but to integrate well with the upcoming blackwire driver manager it's best to stay at single number releases. This will allow for easy auto updates which I'm sure everyone will enjoy :D 

On the bright side, I hope this driver serves everyone well! And sorry again about the version mix up in V4/5.

12 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

You might consider .x releases. When we push code, updates are often after the 3rd decimal. V1.2.3.45. 

Do as you please, but at the rate you’re rocking it might be good have a 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and raise the first number for major upgrades. 

Keep up the good work! I’m going to go buy it once I get home. 

why does the numbering matter? 1, 2,3,4 simple...

1 minute ago, Shivam Paw said:

Talking about versions...I made a mistake on the last release with it being a v5 in the driver but v4 with BWD. There shouldn't be any issue with using the V4/5 but if you have any issues with your license then just upgrade to the new V6 which is available...sorry about this :( 

As for .x releases, i did consider them but to integrate well with the upcoming blackwire driver manager it's best to stay at single number releases. This will allow for easy auto updates which I'm sure everyone will enjoy :D 

On the bright side, I hope this driver serves everyone well! And sorry again about the version mix up in V4/5.

What’s different between v6 and v4/5?

For the life of me I just can’t figure out how to create a google cloud api key.  I have tried everything I can think of on the google cloud platform.  No matter what I put in the Google cloud text to speech field, it’s not a valid key.

Is the key somewhere in the created json file?

can anyone provide a “create a key” for dummies summary?

31 minutes ago, jfh said:

For the life of me I just can’t figure out how to create a google cloud api key.  I have tried everything I can think of on the google cloud platform.  No matter what I put in the Google cloud text to speech field, it’s not a valid key.

Is the key somewhere in the created json file?

can anyone provide a “create a key” for dummies summary?

Go to Google Cloud api page -> library, search for text to speech and enable the API.

I'm putting together a guide for this tomorrow tbh. It is a pain!

12 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Go to Google Cloud api page -> library, search for text to speech and enable the API.

I'm putting together a guide for this tomorrow tbh. It is a pain!

I got past the invalid API key error but now get this when trying to execute an announcement:

ExecuteCommand(LUA_ACTION)

. Text: this is a test with google file

ACTION: SendAnnouncement

Fetching Audio File From Google Cloud...

./files/tts.lua:85: attempt to index global 'response' (a nil value)

2 minutes ago, jfh said:

I got past the invalid API key error but now get this when trying to execute an announcement:

ExecuteCommand(LUA_ACTION)

. Text: this is a test with google file

ACTION: SendAnnouncement

Fetching Audio File From Google Cloud...

./files/tts.lua:85: attempt to index global 'response' (a nil value)

I will follow up with you via PM. 

Working fine now.  Talk about incredible driver support.  I’d license the driver even if I wasn’t going to use it. ;)

But the interactive function (nav screen and local web page) provide a significant value add over other TTS driver options, so this is a no brainer, especially with the new dynamic submit selection buttons.

From my standpoint the only thing missing is the ability to specify my own target mp3 file and maybe adding the user created buttons to the web page.

44 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Next version will have the custom buttons shown in the web interface, the test action and composer programming (with backward compatibility).

So it doesn’t currently have the room/zone buttons? I’ll be back home from vacation on Sunday and will try to find some time to mess with it then. 

Just now, ILoveC4 said:

So it doesn’t currently have the room/zone buttons? I’ll be back home from vacation on Sunday and will try to find some time to mess with it then. 

Currently the custom buttons are shown on the C4 app. the next update adds it to the web interface, programming actions and the test driver action.

v7 released with the custom buttons available on web interface and programming. 

Backwards compatibility is maintained if you were using programming for anything. 

That’s all for now! Unless there are bugs the next update is supposed to be the icing on the cake...but no promises :) 

I hope you all like it so far and thanks for the support :D 

Looking for a few beta testers to test out the new feature...

image_from_ios.png

I am looking for a wide variety of devices (but no super old ones!) to check that the browser compatibility is decent. If you're interested then please PM me. (You will need an active BWD license - trial, showroom or purchased).

Version 8 is released!

• Voice messages - record your message and have it announced around the house (with multi room support). Compatible on all modern browsers!
  • Support for BlackWire Driver Manager which allows for better licensing and auto updates!
  • Simple Mode property for the media service which takes you straight to the text input screen instead of the menu page if set to On.
  • Last Announcement Type variable added - it will either be "Text" or "Voice"

Screenshot-2019-07-12-at-01.32.39-1600x924.jpg

Driver Download: https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/store/control4-text-to-speech/

Documentation: https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/Control4-Text-to-Speech-Documentation.pdf