C4 Forums | Control4

Delay connecting to director from OS3 iOS app

Apologies if this has already been discussed here.. I may have missed it.

Recently upgraded to OS3, and my main complaint is that it takes 5-10seconds to "connect" to my director when I launch the OS3 iOS app.  Launching the OS2 app was almost instant - every time.  I know 5-10 seconds doesn't sound like a lot, but it's very annoying when you need to quickly adjust things.  

Is this normal?  Anyone else experiencing this?

This really isn't happening for anyone else?  App loads in OS3 are just as fast as they were in OS2 for you all?

My load times are definitely longer than they used to be. Especially when I’m on the network at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a dealer but I can comment on this.  The connection times are slower than they were in OS2 due to an underlying change in the networking technology used to talk to the controller.  The team is hard at work on reducing connection times and we've already made great strides and we're continuing to reduce them further.  We'll be dropping a public beta of the app in the next month or so with these connection improvements and I'll post the link in this thread so if you're interested you can give it a try.  In the meantime, thanks for your patience

• 1 month later...

I'm not technical but the issue I have is this. Since my upgrade to OS3, whenever I want to do pretty much ANYTHING with the app it keeps saying "connecting to network" then about 5 seconds later it connects. If I say go and get a beer and come in to use the app again, then the same happens. OS3 is really quite rubbish. Is this what everyone means above? My email address is ntpayne1@gmail.com 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 12:01 AM, jakblak said:

I'm not a dealer but I can comment on this.  The connection times are slower than they were in OS2 due to an underlying change in the networking technology used to talk to the controller.  The team is hard at work on reducing connection times and we've already made great strides and we're continuing to reduce them further.  We'll be dropping a public beta of the app in the next month or so with these connection improvements and I'll post the link in this thread so if you're interested you can give it a try.  In the meantime, thanks for your patience

I meant to comment on this post a month or two back.  Personally,  I think it is great that we are seeing so much action from Control4 at present.  I also love the interaction on these forums.  Control4 have also been doing interviews with clients (which I think is great as both the client perspective AND the dealer perspective is important).  That all said, the comment above about an upcoming public beta is probably the most exciting and progressive thing I’ve heard from Control4.  

I, for one, am excited about the Control4 future!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.