C4 Forums | Control4

Best AppleTV 4K Driver

sooner2k1

I have the current AppleTV 4K and am on the beta ios13 with no option to revert.  I’m on version 107 of the Control4 IP OSD driver.  Apparently there is a version 111 available, but I can’t find a change log or don’t have access to a change log?

Currently I get a message that the driver times out and can’t sync in composer. 

My dealer troubleshot and confirmed he couldn’t get it to work, but also didn’t update the driver. He did try a new driver that’s apparently available and said it is not comparable with the HC800. 

His thought is that I may have to go with an IR driver, which I guess is fine, but that’s a service call with installation hours, new driver, etc. 

Has anyone had any luck with ios13?  Any thoughts or recommendations. This may seem silly, but this is starting to feel like a dead end and bot being able to keep up with ios13 updates without additional investments has me strongly considering ripping the whole system out and trying my luck with Harmony or something I can troubleshoot myself. 

There is a Version 111 AppleTV 4k IP driver available.

That said, I'm using the new driver, and you're correct it does require and EA. I can also say it is working with iOS13, though today's beta might change that.

I'd go IR before ripping out the system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.