C4 Forums | Control4

Programming Multiple Buttons on a Card Access Fob

12 minutes ago, Crustyloafer said:

Just put a stop command at the end of your first sequence that does the alarm/door lock/lights, etc., that way if that sequence is run then it will stop at end and not try to toggle the garage door again. Only if it skips past doing the alarm/door lock/lights, etc sequence will it carry out the second IF statement and toggle the garage door. 

PS: Why do you want to toggle the door, would it not be better to have a button for open and another for close?

I disabled that 2nd if statement so do i need that stop command?  I already have stop commands for both timers - what other stop command is needed?

the idea is if I press Button A, the door will toggle, like any dumb remote.  If I press 3 buttons in a row, A being the last, and the first 2 are in proper order, the door will open and the other stuff will happen.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:12 PM, eggzlot said:

I disabled that 2nd if statement so do i need that stop command?  I already have stop commands for both timers - what other stop command is needed?

the idea is if I press Button A, the door will toggle, like any dumb remote.  If I press 3 buttons in a row, A being the last, and the first 2 are in proper order, the door will open and the other stuff will happen.

Here is an example of where I would put that STOP command at the end of the first IF statement sequence. This ensures that if the buttons have been pressed in the right order then only the first sequence will be run and it will stop after that. Only if the first IF statement is not true will it skip past it and carry out the Garage Door toggle function.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ehmgivnidp8yac/Screenshot 2019-07-19 07.36.56.png?dl=0

In fact, if your timers between the buttons being allowed to be pressed in the right order are quite long then you may wish to enhance it like this.This will ensure that only if none of the timers are currently running will it toggle the Garage Door.

You will also want to ensure that the button being used to toggle the garage door is not the first button in the sequence as the first time you press it, none of the timers will be running and it will still toggle the garage door.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akb3tl7pyt5ayg4/Screenshot 2019-07-19 07.43.49.png?dl=0

hmm ok thanks - I can maybe fool around this weekend.

I looked at the LUA output last night on my code and if I just simply press the button to toggle the door open/closed the command sends.  If I run the sequence of pressing 3 buttons the command fails to send to the server, which is why the other actions happen but not the opening of the garage door.  I sent these findings off to the support desk at DriverWorks for them to help investigate.  I'd hate to keep changing my programming if its something else odd going on behind the scenes.

7 hours ago, Crustyloafer said:

In fact, if your timers between the buttons being allowed to be pressed in the right order are quite long then you may wish to enhance it like this.This will ensure that only if none of the timers are currently running will it toggle the Garage Door.

You will also want to ensure that the button being used to toggle the garage door is not the first button in the sequence as the first time you press it, none of the timers will be running and it will still toggle the garage door.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akb3tl7pyt5ayg4/Screenshot 2019-07-19 07.43.49.png?dl=0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.