C4 Forums | Control4

DarkSky Weather Integration

Just having a chance to play around with integrating this with the TTS driver and I'm excited about the opportunities! I know someone mentioned it before, but is there a way to round the temperature to the nearest whole degree? It's kind of weird to hear that it's 88.99 degrees. LOL.

11 hours ago, Shivam Paw said:

Just released V7 which rounds temperature values and also includes the number of alerts in the full summary.

Is the rounded temperature only in the High / Low values, and not in the Summary?  I'm still seeing a precision of 2 decimal places in the Summary.

Full Summary : The weather is currently Clear. There are currently 0 weather alerts. The weather for today is Partly cloudy throughout the day. There will be highs of 78.51 and lows of 58.58. The weather for the week ahead is, Light rain on Monday, with high temperatures rising to 87°F on Sunday.

1 hour ago, dw886 said:

Is the rounded temperature only in the High / Low values, and not in the Summary?  I'm still seeing a precision of 2 decimal places in the Summary.

Full Summary : The weather is currently Clear. There are currently 0 weather alerts. The weather for today is Partly cloudy throughout the day. There will be highs of 78.51 and lows of 58.58. The weather for the week ahead is, Light rain on Monday, with high temperatures rising to 87°F on Sunday.

My bad...V8 (just released) fixes this...

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 6:09 PM, Shivam Paw said:

Version 6 (uploaded now) has 4 new variables:

Weather Now, Weather in 1 Hour, Weather in 2 Hours, Weather in 3 Hours

The possible values for these variables are clear-day, clear-night, rain, snow, sleet, wind, fog, cloudy, partly-cloudy-day, or partly-cloudy-night.

:)

Just got around to getting this driver and want to test it prior to snowfall - I still have a few months!  That said, how would I go about programming to get a text when say 1 of these variables changes?

Weather in 3 hours

When the variable weather in 3 hour changes

Do I go to the Device Actions, pick Weather in 3 Hours and in the "is =" section in the text box write any of those parameters you list?  for now the action will just be a simple text so I can test it out.  So would I get text every 3 hours, or only if the status changes?

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:

Just got around to getting this driver and want to test it prior to snowfall - I still have a few months!  That said, how would I go about programming to get a text when say 1 of these variables changes?

Weather in 3 hours

When the variable weather in 3 hour changes

Do I go to the Device Actions, pick Weather in 3 Hours and in the "is =" section in the text box write any of those parameters you list?  for now the action will just be a simple text so I can test it out.  So would I get text every 3 hours, or only if the status changes?

You would want to program using the "Weather Updated" event.

Your programming would be:

If weather in 3 hours equals snow AND CustomVariable_ShouldSendSnowText equals true then 

send text
	Set CustomVariable_ShouldSendSnowText equal to false

Else

Set CustomVariable_ShouldSendSnowText equal to true

At least, I think that's how I'd do it. That way it will only send a text if the weather in 3 hours variable has changed.

1 hour ago, Shivam Paw said:

If weather in 3 hours equals snow AND CustomVariable_ShouldSendSnowText equals true then 

send text

Else

At least, I think that's how I'd do it. That way it will only send a text if the weather in 3 hours variable has changed.

Great thanks - that will send me off on my ways to do some programming!

Looks awesome, from my perspective and would show case all the use cases (unless I am being dumb and didn’t read correctly), would be great to have the use cases setup all in one place like the driver setup doc.

This would provide huge value for users and drive sales of other supporting drivers.

Thank you for creating this!

On 8/30/2019 at 8:24 AM, ILoveControl said:

Looks awesome, from my perspective and would show case all the use cases (unless I am being dumb and didn’t read correctly), would be great to have the use cases setup all in one place like the driver setup doc.

This would provide huge value for users and drive sales of other supporting drivers.

Thank you for creating this!

Yeah not a bad shout. Will focus on that for a future release 🙂

• 2 months later...

Need some help getting this going

1. Go to Agents – Announcements and create a new announcement with the rooms you want the announcement to play in. - DONE
  2. Check Play Audio File and for the audio file select the audio file which is shown in the driver properties. - DONE
  3. Go to Programming and find the driver event for Audio File Updated. When this event occurs, execute the announcement you just created. - DONE I think. This is located under programing--> text to speech --> when audio announcement has been updated --> execute announcement Morning Weather

Should it be a generic "execute announcement Text to speech"? Otherwise if I program other announcements, when audio announcement had been updated, execute morning weather will always be called even if I'm trying to announce extreme weather. Or Do I use - set true/false...have all the announcements listed under audio announcement has been updated

if Morning Weather true

execute morning weather

set morning weather false

stop

If Extreme Weather true

execute extreme weather

set extreme weather false      

stop

Question number 2 - I'm not getting the text to show up like your example. PARAM1 instead of the actual text to be spoken

image.thumb.png.dd54b80826eddfe6e8ffa72cbe9432ac.png

image.thumb.png.c349c174e16dc75a1b577ba22df4c15d.png

28 minutes ago, ERDrPC said:

Need some help getting this going

1. Go to Agents – Announcements and create a new announcement with the rooms you want the announcement to play in. - DONE
  2. Check Play Audio File and for the audio file select the audio file which is shown in the driver properties. - DONE
  3. Go to Programming and find the driver event for Audio File Updated. When this event occurs, execute the announcement you just created. - DONE I think. This is located under programing--> text to speech --> when audio announcement has been updated --> execute announcement Morning Weather

Should it be a generic "execute announcement Text to speech"? Otherwise if I program other announcements, when audio announcement had been updated, execute morning weather will always be called even if I'm trying to announce extreme weather. Or Do I use - set true/false...have all the announcements listed under audio announcement has been updated

if Morning Weather true

execute morning weather

set morning weather false

stop

If Extreme Weather true

execute extreme weather

set extreme weather false      

stop

Question number 2 - I'm not getting the text to show up like your example. PARAM1 instead of the actual text to be spoken

On Step 3 you want to execute the announcement you created from step 1. In your macros you want to add the execute announcement command to the programming (see line 5 in the image below)

As for the variable issue - you've done it incorrectly.
Screenshot-2019-07-22-at-19.12.13-800x26

You want to use the TTS driver command "Concatenate variable to text to speak" and then enter the proxy ID & variable name. The proxy ID can be found by hovering over the weather driver in system design. In the above image on line 3, proxy ID is 1112 and the variable name is Full Summary.

I get "Concatenate 'PARAM1'" and not the text itself

I put in the correct proxy id but the variable names are different from your example. I don't get Today Summary. I get Equipment Room->DarkSky Weather->Today summary

My dealer who installed for me has never used either of the two drivers before and installed at my request. I'd be happy to let @Shivam Paw teamviewer in to my Comp HE session. I'm hoping it's a simple driver install error

4 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

I put in the correct proxy id but the variable names are different from your example. I don't get Today Summary. I get Equipment Room->DarkSky Weather->Today summary

My dealer who installed for me has never used either of the two drivers before and installed at my request. I'd be happy to let @Shivam Paw teamviewer in to my Comp HE session. I'm hoping it's a simple driver install error

If you PM me I can show you on teamviewer where you’ve made mistakes :) 

8 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

And if you have a look at the driver documentation or the use cases tab on the driver page: https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/store/control4-text-to-speech/ that should help.

On 8/28/2019 at 5:39 PM, Shivam Paw said:

send text

Else

I'm trying to copy this. Using the event When the Weather has been updated...I go to the device actions for the dark sky driver, there are no conditionals listed. IE it is blank. I can't select if weather in 3 hours equals...

Shivam found a bug as I'm on 2.10.6. I wonder if this is another bug

On 11/21/2019 at 6:51 PM, ERDrPC said:

I'm trying to copy this. Using the event When the Weather has been updated...I go to the device actions for the dark sky driver, there are no conditionals listed. IE it is blank. I can't select if weather in 3 hours equals...

Shivam found a bug as I'm on 2.10.6. I wonder if this is another bug

You are supposed to use the variables.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question - the same weather has been playing everyday. Ie "Good Morning, Its Nov 23...". I check the LUA output and it has the Nov 23 weather. I cleared it and fetched the current weather and it is now uptodate. I guess we will see tomorrow if it updates or not. Can anyone think of a reason why it kept playing the same weather daily?

1 minute ago, ERDrPC said:

Quick question - the same weather has been playing everyday. Ie "Good Morning, Its Nov 23...". I check the LUA output and it has the Nov 23 weather. I cleared it and fetched the current weather and it is now uptodate. I guess we will see tomorrow if it updates or not. Can anyone think of a reason why it kept playing the same weather daily?

Afraid not. If it happens again then turn on debug and check the lua output to see what it shows when it automatically updates. (Consider setting the refresh time to 1 minute to see it quickly).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.