C4 Forums | Control4

Intermittent issues with One TV

Hi everyone,

I have 3 Samsung TVs in my house which are all connected (wired with CAT6) to my C4 rack.

Occassionally, the TV in our main living room (it's a 65 inch Smart TV - with an EA1 behind it) just simply stops working with C4 for about an hour or two - but then starts working again. 

When the fault occurs:

- Neither the C4 remote, C4 tablet or our smartphones are able to control that TV

- The TV still works with its original Samsung remote (we only reort to using this after the fault occurs each time).

- The other TVs work with C4

Help!  It is so frustrating to have a great system like C4 but use the original TV remote so often.

-Kim-

Sounds like a network related problem of the EA1 falling off the network which causes the remote to fall off zigbee. I am assuming there is an IR bud on the tv used to control it from Control4? I would have your dealer check the network wire as well as the switch in the rack it is connected to

Yes, we do indeed have an IR bud on the TV.  When the fault occurs the IR bud flashes in reponse to each button press on the remote, however nothing happens on the TV.  And once again, even our C4 tablet on the wall and smartphones do not operate the TV during this time either.  Could the underlying issue be the EA1?

TV is 2016 model.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.