C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Xiaomi Dafang / Xiaomi Xiaofang / Wyze Cam v2 / Wyze Pan / Neos SmartCam driver

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.png

Chowmain - Xiaomi Dafang / Xiaomi Xiaofang / Wyze Cam v2 / Wyze Pan / Neos SmartCam driver

IP cameras can now be installed into the most budget conscious of Control4 customer homes thanks to a new driver by Chowmain. These USB powered indoor cameras come in PTZ and NON PTZ formats and can be retrofit anywhere where there is power and wifi. We have made the driver cost as low as we can to make the solution the most affordable Control4 integrated IP camera solution on the market. 

Features

• Support T3 Touchscreens, EA controllers, iOS, Android & Navigators 
  • Pan / Tilt functionality 
  • Ability to set upto 5 presets via driver's properties along with Home position 
  • Support for Control4 Push Notification Attachments 
  • Support for Chowmain Notification Suite Attachments (email and push) 
  • Extra Commands - Reboot, Shutdown, Blue LED On/Off, Yellow LED On/Off, IR LED On/Off, IR LED Cut On/Off, Auto Night Mode Start, Auto Night Mode Stop, Motion Detection On/Off, Motion Detection Mail On/Off, Motion Detection LED On/Off 

FAQ 

What cameras are supported? 
The custom firmware can be installed onto the following cameras 

What is involved? 

In order to make this Control4 compatible we need to install a custom firmware which allows for local integration. This is installed via an SD card and is non invasive. See link below for information about the custom firmware. 

https://github.com/EliasKotlyar/Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks/tree/master/hacks 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Chowmain Website 

Installation Guide 

How do I buy the driver? 
This driver can be purchased from our distributor driverCentral. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence 

Who do i contact for technical support? 
We have two support desks. One in Australia and one in the US. Click on the link below for details. 

Support 

Do you provide trial licences? 
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. 

fd1d28e8-9f2a-414b-98d0-28a6b39802d6.jpg 

10 minutes ago, htjunkie said:

What does it require to get the Wyze PAN camera to show video stream over WAN?  It seems to work just fine with internal network, but over WAN C4 app just spins!  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't make sense.  WAN is just a 4sight connection (which is VPN to your home).

The only thing i can think of is that there is a 'publically accessible' tickbox that you can tick / untick for cameras that you may not have setup correctly.

I did check "publicly accessible" in the driver for Wyze camera, any other suggestions within the camera setup itself?
Uncheck that. That is only used if you have a public IP for your camera

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, c44me said:

I couldn't manage to get the CFW to work and broke the camera about six months ago. All I get now is an orange light even after following the instructions fully also. I cannot even use the normal Wyzecam app etc soo be careful...especially if you go through the hassle of importing to the UK...

• 2 years later...

I just got a new Wyze Pan v2 with starlight night vision, unfortunately I can't get it to flash the dafang firmware, just wanted to make sure this model (Pan v2) is not compatible? Any workaround for it?  I have the original Pan camera but I'd love to have another one in the system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.