C4 Forums | Control4

Integration of Peloton audio out

We recently added a Peloton bike to our exercise room.  Is there anyway to integrate the headphone jack out into C4 with something that is wireless?  I would like to play the audio/music over the room speakers rather than just the bike.  There are no options for a hard wire at this point.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Certainly there are wireless audio kits that can be purchased.  However, a lot of variables will come into play using them.  Work best with line of sight, obstructions has its limitations especially on distance.

Best bet is to get one from Amazon and if it doesn't work well, send it back.

I did this:

Bluetooth receiver in the room behind the TV.  Stream the audio from the Peloton to the receiver (cheap Bluetooth receivers on Amazon).

Used an extra Cat6 cable behind the TV to take the audio out from the Bluetooth receiver back to the audio matrix in the rack (Ethernet to RCA adapters are super cheap). 

Works like a charm. 

Also have the option to Screencast the video from the Peloton to the TV in the room wirelessly (if your TV is Miracast compatible - Samsungs are).  Alas, you cannot screencast and use the Bluetooth audio at the same time - one or the other. 

I may try sending the audio out from the TV back to the rack and see how that works. 

Delays and syncing in my experience are minimal - almost unnoticeable. 

On 7/9/2019 at 11:04 PM, anon2828 said:

I did this:

Bluetooth receiver in the room behind the TV.  Stream the audio from the Peloton to the receiver (cheap Bluetooth receivers on Amazon).

Used an extra Cat6 cable behind the TV to take the audio out from the Bluetooth receiver back to the audio matrix in the rack (Ethernet to RCA adapters are super cheap). 

Works like a charm. 

Also have the option to Screencast the video from the Peloton to the TV in the room wirelessly (if your TV is Miracast compatible - Samsungs are).  Alas, you cannot screencast and use the Bluetooth audio at the same time - one or the other. 

I may try sending the audio out from the TV back to the rack and see how that works. 

Delays and syncing in my experience are minimal - almost unnoticeable. 

This will work.  I have an extra cat5 on the wall (where a TV will be soon) so I can tap into one of those.  

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Is there such a receiver that could process Bluetooth, Airplay/Airplay 2 and HDMI (out from TV) and connect back to matrix. I am finishing a home gym that will include a TV and a Peloton. I am thinking of adding ceiling speakers wired back to central/C4 matrix. Based on above, I would ideally have a small receiver/switcher that would connect to the TV, Peloton, streamer (Roku or Nvidia) and iPad used in the gym and send signal back to Control4 matrix (as feed) which would then redistribute to chosen speakers (especially gym ones). 

Maybe I am overthinking this and should just add a couple of Bluetooth speakers or a Sonos soundbar. 

Thoughts and suggestions welcome. Thanks.

• 9 months later...

+1 on the casting as that's what I do in my gym.  I just cast Peloton to my TCL Roku TV in the gym which is connected to Sonos surround sound and it works great.  There's no delay between the audio and video at all (just on the bike display vs the tv display there's a slight delay, but tv/audio is in sync so I just look at the TV vs the Peloton display).

you can try cheap audio balun  we use these alll the time to feed audio back from tvs, obviously we use a optical dac out of the tv to these, then a cat back to a matrix. no audio delay usually but if there is most tvs have a delay edjustment that will  work because its so minimal

https://www.amazon.com/LINESO-3-5mm-Stereo-White-Extender/dp/B01HHO8382/ref=sr_1_5?crid=15MG7QBQXNDHW&keywords=audio+balun&qid=1646127774&sprefix=audio+balun%2Caps%2C91&sr=8-5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.