C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos Favorites (My Sonos) in OS3

drro

Hi, all.  In OS2, my Sonos Favorites (or in newer Sonos parlance, items added to "My Sonos") would appear under Favorites in the Control4 listen area.  I became heavily dependent on this to choose specific Apple Music or Spotify playlists, Apple Music Stations, TuneIn stations, etc.  In fact, it became my main way of choosing listening sources.  In OS3, the Sonos Favorites are nowhere to be found.  Choosing "Favorites" under the Listen menu actually crashes my iOS and T3 apps.

So, my question for all is, can I get back my Sonos Favorites?

6 minutes ago, drro said:

Wow.  Thanks very much.  A little frustrated that my dealer doesn't do a very good job of keeping up to date.

To be fair, this update greatly reduced the functionality of the C4/Sonos integration. C4 moved to the official API and lost the ability to browse and search music services.

Because of this, many people were slow to update, including myself. However at this point, the functionality of the old driver is going away so the new, official version is really the only option. The old "unsupported" one continued to work for quite a while. 

5 minutes ago, crazybuppie said:

To be fair, this update greatly reduced the functionality of the C4/Sonos integration. C4 moved to the official API and lost the ability to browse and search music services.

Because of this, many people were slow to update, including myself. However at this point, the functionality of the old driver is going away so the new, official version is really the only option. The old "unsupported" one continued to work for quite a while. 

That was always a risk though. C4 noted the old driver could break at any point if Sonos chose to close off the control. The fact it went slowly instead of immediate was good for allowing time to make the switch, but it should have been done earlier anyways. Slowly losing features rather than being honest about the situation doesn't serve the customer well.

1 hour ago, drro said:

Wow.  Thanks very much.  A little frustrated that my dealer doesn't do a very good job of keeping up to date.

The new driver will leave you disapointed. 

You will lose music-services, library-search, audio-matrix, announcement and some other things. 

3 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

After seeing this - They is something coming for sure - However I am Clueless

Smiles a lot like CA1 when someone spotted that early doors

if you look at release cycles I think its a safe assumption some new controllers are due.  Ap10 just seems like an odd naming convention.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.