C4 Forums | Control4

How to change room order?

I couldn't do it on 2.10.6 or any below version, it is frustrating that, there is no way to change the room orders on navigators, or transfer any item without removing and adding again. However If  you think that it works, do I simply need to drag and drop or any special way to do it? 

6 minutes ago, leyandas said:

I couldn't do it on 2.10.6 or any below version, it is frustrating that, there is no way to change the room orders on navigators, or transfer any item without removing and adding again. However If  you think that it works, do I simply need to drag and drop or any special way to do it? 

Moving drivers and rooms has worked since I've ever used Composer Pro. Make sure you are in the system design part.

The room order in the navigators will never change no matter what order its changed to in the project tree.  The room order in the navigators is determined by the order in which the rooms were added initially by the dealer/composer pro.

Hopefully, in the future, moving rooms in composer pro could reflect the order in the navigators OR enable the ability to change the preference of room order using the C4 app/t3/HE, etc...

1 minute ago, dcovach said:

The room order in the navigators will never change no matter what order its changed to in the project tree.  The room order in the navigators is determined by the order in which the rooms were added initially by the dealer/composer pro.

Hopefully, in the future, moving rooms in composer pro could reflect the order in the navigators OR enable the ability to change the preference of room order using the C4 app/t3/HE, etc...

Room selector does follow the project order. Adding zones does not follow in 2.10.6 and lower.

OS3 has all of that fixed.

5 minutes ago, Dunamivora said:

Room selector does follow the project order. Adding zones does not follow in 2.10.6 and lower.

OS3 has all of that fixed.

Just checked as I did not pay attention to this.  You are correct that in OS3, the room order in the project tree follows in the navigators.  It does NOT follow in OS 2.10.6 and lower.

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Just checked as I did not pay attention to this.  You are correct that in OS3, the room order in the project tree follows in the navigators.  It does NOT follow in OS 2.10.6 and lower.

Thanks.

Which page are you using to determine if the rooms on the nav changed? 2.10.6 and lower will update half of the room lists. The other half follow the order in which the rooms were added to the project. (I only know because it has been discussed on the official forums many many times).

21 minutes ago, Dunamivora said:

Which page are you using to determine if the rooms on the nav changed? 2.10.6 and lower will update half of the room lists. The other half follow the order in which the rooms were added to the project. (I only know because it has been discussed on the official forums many many times).

SR260/SR250.  I don't use the T3 as much and neither the C4 app but I don't remember the room order ever changing regardless how the tree was changed.  I stopped paying attention for a while because this is how I always remembered things.

Now that OS3 is out, I like how room order changes with the project tree.  I have to double check whether its reflected on the SR260/SR250.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.