ILoveControl

Wyze Smart Devices

I have had a Wyze camera (the long one with pan and tilt) since they came out. Recently they did some custom firmware for it to support RSTP which is great cause  you can then integrate it into something like BlueIris and then into control4.

Now I see they creating some really cool sensors too like door contacts, motion sensors etc - https://www.wyze.com/ 

@alanchow and others any plans for integration into control4 for these?

That is awesome. I wonder if this will be extended to the devices they releasing now. They have contact sensors, motion sensors, bulbs etc and their sensors are cheap and tiny. The worring part is that they have a plug in hub at the back of a Wyze camera that becomes the hub for the devices just like the philips hue. In my opinion this is the worst design as it limits intergration

1 hour ago, ILoveControl said:

That is awesome. I wonder if this will be extended to the devices they releasing now. They have contact sensors, motion sensors, bulbs etc and their sensors are cheap and tiny. The worring part is that they have a plug in hub at the back of a Wyze camera that becomes the hub for the devices just like the philips hue. In my opinion this is the worst design as it limits intergration

I obviously can't speak for Alan, but I'd personally be surprised if he didn't support those new products. Let's let him chime in.

Sorry the driver we developed for the camera requires that you replace the existing firmware with a custom firmware.  We can only do as much as the custom firmware does.

With the Mod firmware, there is no server, you stream to your local network, like the rest of the devices ...

Sorry the driver we developed for the camera requires that you replace the existing firmware with a custom firmware.  We can only do as much as the custom firmware does.

Yes and thats freeken awesome bought the driver already.

Wyze seems to have done something to block the custom firmware in their latest firmware they released. This most probably to keep their firmware relevant and their service running.

Like most things I guess its a waiting game now until the custom firmware guys figure out how to get around it.

Just a heads up with guys and gals that have the cameras, thinking of using this driver don’t do updates on the camera as suggested by wyze.

Once you on the custom firmware then you all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro