C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa Control 4 Skill will Not discover Devices

My Alexa stopped working today. I went and logged into my C4 account online and all of the devices are listed under the Amazon Alexa. When I try to discover them on the Alexa it doesn't discover any of the devices.

I am on 2.10.6 OS.

Any Help or insight would be appreciated.

Alex discovers the devices only one time, if you have something new it will add it otherwise it will not find anything. Are you suffering that it is not responding to C4 devices? This is something else.

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Disable and re link the skill

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Did that twice already with no luck. Also rebooted the Controller as recommended by C4 on their troubleshooting guide. 

1 hour ago, chopedogg88 said:

agreed!  and we also just released a new version which supports the latest generation Echos, Dots, Spots on OS3!

Ari,

Am still on 2.10.6, do I need to use the new driver? Any enhancements on the number of devices that can be used?

52 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Version 180 of the driver works fine on Os3 just not with new echos (unless you have at least one Gen 1 or Gen 2 echo in the system).

There hasn't been any limit on number of triggers for awhile.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Okay, I will go back to Epic Driver now, with some extensive programing I can achieve most of native C4 control, my dealer will hate me for this ... I also need to invest sometime learning Alex Routines I might end up with very comprehensive automations.

1 hour ago, chopedogg88 said:

The new version requires deleting the old version and installing from scratch (sorry should have mentioned that earlier!).  Also - yes - no more send discovery - just discover from the Alexa app or via voice command, and that's it!

Awesome Thanks!

On 7/12/2019 at 10:44 PM, chopedogg88 said:

Version 180 of the driver works fine on Os3 just not with new echos (unless you have at least one Gen 1 or Gen 2 echo in the system).

There hasn't been any limit on number of triggers for awhile.

Ari, a quick question as my dealer is stuck with the programing, I have an echo dot per room, how do I use it to launch Apple TV for example without saying Master Apple TV, Living Apple TV, etc?

1 minute ago, Amr said:

Ari, a quick question as my dealer is stuck with the programing, I have an echo dot per room, how do I use it to launch Apple TV for example without saying Master Apple TV, Living Apple TV, etc?

you don't.  Unless each echo device is on it's own account.

Yes you can do that by putting each echo on its own Amazon account (takes 5 minutes to set up an account for free). It is explained in the driver documentation.

The Control4 skill doesn't allow this type of functionality...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.