C4 Forums | Control4

Smart Shower

Am planning a master bath renovation and am looking to install a Smart Shower system. The two that stand out are U by Moen and Kohler DTV+. Which of these has C4 integration? If both, which is the better option? Thanks! 

17 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

There is basic stuff for steam showers.  If interested try mr steam.  I went with steamist and the driver was having issues and the driver developer just ignored me and my dealer.  After a few attempts I was done chasing them and now I have a “dumb” steam shower.  Life goes on 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Moral of the story I gathered is that sometimes "dumb" is the smartest decision. Lol! 

3 hours ago, USMC_10 said:

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Moral of the story I gathered is that sometimes "dumb" is the smartest decision. Lol! 

Yep amen.  Nothing like a steam shower triggering on its own and coming home from work with a wet humid bathroom.  Some things are better off dumb 

• 5 months later...

I've got a Moen IODigital that is starting to go on the fritz (this was their initial offering from 2010), has anybody done anything lately with U by Moen?  If it works with Alexa, you'd think there would be some basic integration into C4 either using the Alexa integration or through IFTTT.

• 2 years later...
On 11/2/2022 at 6:23 PM, blackfiveo1 said:

bumping this to the top, any one know of any shower systems that play with control4?

I have U by Meon, my alexa routine- "Let's Get Naked"

Alexa reply- "What are you waiting for"

trips shower timer variable true which triggers music, light on and disable motion timers.

6 hours ago, c4toys said:

I have U by Meon, my alexa routine- "Let's Get Naked"

Alexa reply- "What are you waiting for"

trips shower timer variable true which triggers music, light on and disable motion timers.

HYG 😂😂

On 7/13/2019 at 10:50 AM, eggzlot said:

There is basic stuff for steam showers.  If interested try mr steam.  I went with steamist and the driver was having issues and the driver developer just ignored me and my dealer.  After a few attempts I was done chasing them and now I have a “dumb” steam shower.  Life goes on 

Not sure what functionality you're looking for, but I have my Mr. Steams connected to Z2IOs for power control and state monitoring -- works great. Made an experience button too, if helpful (below).

MrSteam.png.c514d10d4f7ad6245eb01402f3238c08.png

MrSteam.c4z

On 11/4/2022 at 4:20 AM, booch said:

Not sure what functionality you're looking for, but I have my Mr. Steams connected to Z2IOs for power control and state monitoring -- works great. Made an experience button too, if helpful (below).

MrSteam.png.c514d10d4f7ad6245eb01402f3238c08.png

MrSteam.c4z 2.07 MB · 0 downloads

Well Mr Steam also has a driver, I have Steamist.  I could probably wire up something but I decided against messing around with it.  Ideally if the steam shower was on and say someone rang the doorbell, some lights could flash or something like that.  Also Steamist has their app locked down so you can only start the steam shower if you are connected to your home network.  Let's say I was leaving the grocery store and wanted to start the steam shower so when I get home its at the right temp; I could do that because I have a VPN set up on my phone but I didn't do that on my wife's phone so she couldn't.  Lastly, I am a bit OCD so I love having a goodnight mode and would be good to know if someone left the steam shower on when we hit goodnight (though since it mostly works with a countdown timer this is practically impossible but when I ordered the Steamist before using it, I didn't realize that)

These aren't major things so I never explored more

On 11/7/2022 at 10:39 AM, eggzlot said:

Well Mr Steam also has a driver, I have Steamist.  I could probably wire up something but I decided against messing around with it.  Ideally if the steam shower was on and say someone rang the doorbell, some lights could flash or something like that.  Also Steamist has their app locked down so you can only start the steam shower if you are connected to your home network.  Let's say I was leaving the grocery store and wanted to start the steam shower so when I get home its at the right temp; I could do that because I have a VPN set up on my phone but I didn't do that on my wife's phone so she couldn't.  Lastly, I am a bit OCD so I love having a goodnight mode and would be good to know if someone left the steam shower on when we hit goodnight (though since it mostly works with a countdown timer this is practically impossible but when I ordered the Steamist before using it, I didn't realize that)

These aren't major things so I never explored more

All this is possible with my setup, as it behaves like any other native device, accessable through 4Sight, etc. I have keypad buttons too and disable them when our cleaners are here, for example. 

The nice thing about going relay/contact, IMO, is you don't have to deal with third-party apps., cloud, drivers, etc. Mr. Steam sells a module for this purpose, FYI. Perhaps the other brands do too.

I have the same setup as @booch . However I am using a relay output on my Elk M1 alarm panel to trigger the Mr Steam module for the steam shower and an alarm input to monitor the state. I setup an experience button as well. Passes the wife test because she can kick off the steam remotely through 4sight or have Alexa turn it on when home.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.