C4 Forums | Control4

HC-800 Issues

Having problems with HC-800 controller, the system keeps freezing up with SR-250 unresponsive and cannot connect from my iPhone app.

System only used for AV and regularly occurs whilst watching Sky Q or using Roku (Netflix etc).  Have a vidio matrix and also use Russound CAV6.6 amp for audio to ceiling speakers. 

When its frozen, the “room off” button on stick remote still seems to work.  After that if don’t touch anything the system seems to reset itself as the stick remotes change back to the default rooms.

When watching sky or Roku and C4 freezes (the video and audio continue to play fine) we can seem to get things working again by removing the batteries to just 1 stick remote. The majority of time it reverts back to the default room, but not always.

If the stick remote has revered by to the default room (so we change back to the room playing) despite the audio and video still playing, C4 does not seem to recognise the zone is still on and so need to go to “watch” “sky q” before being able to control the program again via the stick remote.

After the battery out of remote reset, if the stick remote reverts back to the default room that also gets the iPhone app working. If it doesn’t default then the iPhone app still doesn’t connect.

During this process the power and link light on the front of the HC-800 stays solid blue.

C4 then continues to work for around 20 to 40 mins. And then the same freezing issues occur again.

The other way we can regain control when it is frozen is by resetting the controller by power down/up.

The iPhone app very occasionally connects but has the world symbol on top left, as though we are outside the house, despite iPhone connected to the WiFi.

We have a texecom intruder alarm and that has texecom connect. Initially thought that maybe causing the conflict, but despite having disconnected from network the same problems occur.

All sky Q are network cable to the switch and wifi turned off. Have also disconnected sky mini from the network, but problems still occur

Have tried different router, but same problems with C4. Have also disconnected the wireless access points from the network with no improvements.

Anyone else experienced similar problems? 

Ours seem to started after the power to the rack was accidentally switched off, although sure this is not the cause, the problems started once it was switched back on.

Maybe a hard reset of the HC-800 and reinstall software is the next step?

Cheers, thanks in advance for any advice, suggestions

Do  you have any programming which could be pulling all the resources?

ie: perhaps you have a zigbee device being talked to upon something happening - and for what ever reason the something happening is occurring 100-1000 time in a very short space of time.

My system was 'freezing' - I found I had a faulty motion sensor and it was triggering code about 48,000 times in one day.

With a fix to the programming and a fix to the sensor, it resolved the issues.

14 hours ago, brucecampbell said:

Do  you have any programming which could be pulling all the resources?

ie: perhaps you have a zigbee device being talked to upon something happening - and for what ever reason the something happening is occurring 100-1000 time in a very short space of time.

My system was 'freezing' - I found I had a faulty motion sensor and it was triggering code about 48,000 times in one day.

With a fix to the programming and a fix to the sensor, it resolved the issues.

Cheers for the info. 

I had thought that so powered down all Zigbee remotes and also Zigbee to IR modules, reboote dthe rack but still seem to have problem after a while with connecting to C4 via the phone app. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.