C4 Forums | Control4

Triad Speakers

bdo21

Is there any comparison of the different Triad in-ceiling speaker ranges? I have been looking at the Triad bronze and silver speakers but there is also the R range - how does bronze compare to R06 for example?

Presumably I can use a mix of speakers around the house (but keep the same type of speaker in each room)?

Thank you

So are both the R series and the bronze, silver, etc discontinued? Are the IC range such as IC82 materially better? Just wondering whether some of the older ones are worth picking up more cheaply. Thanks!

So the main difference between the Distributed Audio Speakers is that they are designed more for Distributed Audio. I.E. they are more of a full-range design and don't necessarily need a sub to sound good. The Bronze, and Silver Rounds don't go down as deep and a sub is a nice addition with them. Also, the Bronze and Silver Rounds are available in a sealed enclosure while the Distributed Audio is not. 

Only the R Series is discontinued.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.