C4 Forums | Control4

Cannot Login to Director

Upgraded to 3.0. I was able to use composer pro prior to the upgrade. After the upgrade I cannot connect. The director shows up as a possible selection, I click it and it shows up right away saying it cannot connect. Not sure if this is a network problem or a Control4 problem. Previously there was an issue with the SSL not being selected. I cannot see that as an option when I connect through the system manager (oh yeah, connects just fine through the system manager) 

Anyone experience this before? Shed some light?

I tried to disable and re-enable the director and that didn't seem to help, still having the error. I can see the director when "picking" which to connect to and everything on the system as a whole works, that means that the touchscreens are seeing the director. In that vein, I'm fairly certain the director is working as required.

Looking further into things, none of the previous versions of composer PRO work where they did before (with errors, of course) and the media and home editions of composer do not connect either. I can connect via systems manager, direct IP login, remotely (for control) via android phones and using when/then. just not through composer.

The date is correct, which I see has been an issue from time to time for some. The only thing I cannot see is the SSL and whether or not it is on or off. 

This was all working before we did the update to 3.0. That means that the composer pro 3.0 was working. Thats the only way to do the update. It was after the reboot of the director that I couldn't connect which is driving me towards something of a network problem. The error that pops up is so non descript; "Unable to connect" - "Could Not Connect To Director at 192.168.1.XXX" (XXX for my privacy). The only thing that gives me someinformation is when I try to logon via composer pro 2.5.3 and it says "ERROR" - "Could Not Connect To Director on the Non-Secure Port"

Totally aware that the old composers will not work, I was just going with what was working previously. Even upgraded to 2.10, the 2.5.3 would log-in. Couldn't do anything with it, but that was one of the few I could remember that would allow any sort of access. 

Tried the Broker as well, no dice. Thanks, keep the ideas coming please.

Well, windows did have some updates and then I re-installed Composer. For a try, I installed Composer HE and Composer ME as well and they all seem to have the same issue. To me it seems like a network issue which is why I was looking for the ssl as a possibility

Experiencing same issue with Composer HE. OS correct, HE Correct.

“Cannot Connect to Director 192.168.1.150”

Has anyone been able to resolve.

Cannot Connect remotely either.
Director does not populate in remote session.

Rebooted EA5, did not resolve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I was upgraded to 3.0 last week and just got around to installing 3.0 Composer HE and I'm not able to connect to my EA5 either.  I'm getting the same error as listed above.  I'm assuming this is an issue that appears several users are having and not just an isolated incident it would appear.

17 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

I have Windows 7. Do I need something differently suddenly on my desktop and laptop to use ComposerHE 3.0?

Just saw a new kb posted by Control4 tech support. Win 7 is no longer supported by Control4. It might not be related to your issue, but you may need to upgrade to Windows 10.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.