C4 Forums | Control4

Water main shut off and sensors

I have water sensors tied into my DSC alarm.  I have a water cop for my water shut off.  Via programming if the alarm sensors detect water c4 will control the watercop to turn the water main off

minus the alarm driver, the water cop works locally off a relay   No extra drivers and since it’s tied to my local DSC panel no cloud/api connection worries  

On 7/27/2019 at 5:41 AM, TexasBill said:

I recommend Flo Logic:

https://www.flologic.com/

Used it in three houses - love it - it is reliable and never misses.

Integrates with Control 4 - mine announces when the water has been shut off.

Only thing I wish I could do is turn back on the water after it shuts off.  This has to be done at the FloLogic panel, unless they've changed the hardware.

None of the systems with only sensors are going to catch a leak in an irrigation system.

Buoy Water has a great solution I have been using for a year with success.  There is no control4 integration yet but it’s not needed.  It can tell what appliance is using water and track usage.  You can have it automatically turn off the valve on a leak detection and also open it back up remotely.  So far it’s been great.  It will even monitor your irrigation.  Their product can be found at buoy.ai

1 hour ago, digitaltrader said:

Buoy Water has a great solution I have been using for a year with success.  There is no control4 integration yet but it’s not needed.  It can tell what appliance is using water and track usage.  You can have it automatically turn off the valve on a leak detection and also open it back up remotely.  So far it’s been great.  It will even monitor your irrigation.  Their product can be found at buoy.ai

It is needed, otherwise your irrigation can trigger false leak detection.  Unless you exclude irrigation from where your monitoring is, but then you won't find out about leaks.

Doesn't look like you can buy Buoy at this time, the company was purchased. 

State Farm offers discounts on a lot of devices - https://www.statefarm.com/simple-insights/residence/water-leak-detection

I really like FloLogic's product but it is by far the most expensive, water can be turned on and off remotely with their newest version. 

• 1 month later...

I have always used FloLogic. When I saw that someone here said that they had updated their stuff, I sent in a note.

I have Version 3.4 from about 8 years ago. They now have a module that plugs in and 10 minutes later you are up and running on their latest software, on the app, Control 4 still is in charge and works but you can now change settings and turn it back on if it is turned off and do so remotely.

This is absolutely wonderful. I love FloLogic and their newest stuff is incredible.

Highly recommended!

Bill

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.