C4 Forums | Control4

Sirius Sound Station table top radio

drmark12pa

Question

I just purchased a new SiriusXM Sound Station tabletop radio to replace my older generation Sirius tabletop radio. I have been using the previous version to stream Sirius through my control4 system for years which works very well rather than adding room-by-room with the built-in in control for though I do occasionally use that as well. I am wondering if there is a driver that could possibly control this via Ethernet that would allow me to control it easier with control4. My old tabletop radio was controlled by infrared signals that had been memorized into control for by my dealer. However it does not appear that the new remote is compatible with the old remote for RF signals.

15637364474001155699532.jpg

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

No but control4 has native SiriusXM streaming

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I do use the native streaming as well (which originally it didn't which is why I used the original Sirius internet device) but was hoping to upgrade to the current model which allows rewinding as well as on demand.  It also seems a bit easier to have one broadcast streaming for changing stations that each room can just tap into rather than change each room.  For example, when I tell Alexa, TURN ON KITCHEN RADIO, whatever channel I had playing will play using the Sirius Internet radio as the source.  However, I would literally have to create a command for every single channel for every single room to do that same thing with the native streaming.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.