C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Lithe Audio Wifi Speaker driver (FREE)

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.png

Chowmain - FREE Lithe Audio Wifi Speaker driver

Lithe Audio's innovative Wi-Fi ceiling speakers provide an all in one solution for multi-room music streaming. With the 60W RMS amplifier and Wi-Fi built-in, there's no need for speaker cables or servers. Simply set up your speakers via Airplay and you're good to go. 

The Lithe Audio driver for Control4 provides basic control over the Lithe Audio WiFi Ceiling Speaker. 

Features

• Supports SDDP 
  • Volume Up / Volume Down / Volume Set 
  • Mute On / Mute Off 
  • Play / Pause / Stop / Skip Previous / Skip Next 
  • Now Playing Meta Data Feedback (including cover art, title, album and artist) 
  • Now Playing Progress bar 
  • Automatic Room On / Automatic Room Off for streaming audio 
  • Aux Input switching 

FAQ 

What speakers will this driver work with? 
This driver will work on the Lithe Audio WiFi Multi Room Ceiling Speakers. 
http://www.litheaudio.com/wifi-multi-room-ceiling-speakers.html 

The Lithe app supports browsing of music services. Does the Control4 driver support this? 
The current version of the driver does not support this. It is being actively developed on and will be included in the next major update of the driver. 

Where can i purchase these speakers from? 
Please see the Lithe website for purchasing options. 
http://www.litheaudio.com 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 
Chowmain Website 

How do I buy the driver? 
This driver is FREE of charge and can be downloaded from the Chowmain website. 

Who do i contact for technical support? 
This driver is supported by Lithe Audio. 

OS+3.0+Lithe+2.png 
OS+3.0+Lithe+1.pngLW+-+WiFi+main+image.png 

13 hours ago, Zuhair said:

@alanchow

Does this mean I can add an additional zone by passing the audio matrix and the amp? Will the driver allow me to bind these speakers to the room audio?

Not quite sure what you're asking but if you are asking if the speaker acts as a Triad One type of device then no it is not.

If you're asking can you use these speakers as an audio endpoint then yes.   Especially if you use the line in for audio return from a TV or a similar usecase.

• 9 months later...

Chowmain launches massive update to the FREE Lithe Audio driver for Control4.

This update adds the ability to browse supported streaming services directly from any Control4 navigator.

Haven't seen Lithe Audio Wi-Fi ceiling speakers before? These amazing speakers are easy to retrofit as they have a 60W RMS amplifier and have Wi-Fi connectivity built-in. Theres no need for speaker cables or servers.

Stream your favorite Tidal, Deezer, Tune-In or vTuner audio from any Control4 navigator. Have an iPhone? The speakers have Airplay built in as well! Use Spotify? Send audio via spotify connect from your spotify app on Android / iOS or PC.

Lithe+Browse+View.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan,

I've been playing around with a set of speakers for a day or two and they are pretty good. App needs loads of work, but for the price I like them.

Are there plans to develop the driver to be able to start playlists, radio stations etc from programming? That would be amazing in a product of this price.

Cheers

Steve

5 hours ago, NextGenAV said:

Hi Alan,

I've been playing around with a set of speakers for a day or two and they are pretty good. App needs loads of work, but for the price I like them.

Are there plans to develop the driver to be able to start playlists, radio stations etc from programming? That would be amazing in a product of this price.

Cheers

Steve

We asked them to improve their API so we can do this.  At present it is a list based API where we say select index and it moves to a different level.  As such there is no discrete way of selecting a particular album, station, track, etc programmatically.

I did mention to the manufacturers that, with a little push, they would have a Sonos killer on their hands. I'm not sure why there isn't any custom install competition to Sonos, all I want is a good value source/amp for £500 that talks nicely to C4 and compatible with major streamers ... but also a stand alone product. Many just too much to ask.

13 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Heos?

I did look at Heos a few years ago, but the stand alone app stank and the C4 integration was poor. Has it improved any?

I will ask the question for suggestions in a separate post so as not to hijack Alan's post.

• 8 months later...

You would need to have RCA audio from the EA to each speaker as an Aux input. I've also found that the Spotify connect client built in disappears and needs a power cycle to recover. The native app is pretty bad and crashes a lot. Audio wise they are OK, but I think these are really only retro fit speakers. When compared to proper multi-room they just don't hold up.

57 minutes ago, poseidonsystems said:

So can these speakers play the same audio as some other zones in the house? I basically want to start an EA stream in the kitchen and then add this speaker to play the same stream, is that possible with these Lithe speakers? 

Control4's streams cannot be played on non Control4 devices.  The only method (as discussed) is to route it via analog signals.  As such you will need to use the AUX input on the Lithe speakers to do this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.