C4 Forums | Control4

403 Error

Hi All -

I am getting the 403 error when I login to the forum over my Wi-Fi network. I have no issue with logging in via Tapatalk or Safari using the cellular data network. This started this morning.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like another example of your network having issues

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That said, here’s perhaps some good news ( I hope :/ ). I purchased 4 lightly used fully updated Pakedge WX-1’s last night. I’ve got a bunch of cabling to run anyway (for added speakers, touch pads, etc) so I’m going to add 3 to my home.

That doesn’t solve the current mystery however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

An HTML "403 error", can occur if key network packets are "dropped" or incomplete during the connection process. While multiple things can cause this, a weak or tentative WiFi signal could be a reason for it. Much like, when you try to make a cellphone call and get "dialing" on your screen for a short time, before the dreaded "call failed" message. It is usually attributed to a weak or lack of cell service. Same concept. Hope that sheds some light. - Jay

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.