C4 Forums | Control4

Waze

ERDrPC

Has anyone thought of a way to combine Waze and C4? I have 5 different sites where I work. I'd love to walk into the master bath and have Waze tell me the expected travel time or better yet time to leave to get there for x time. 

Does Waze have an API that C4 driver creators can use?

Maybe use the T3 TS and the driver that shows webpages. Combine it with the new Google calendar driver so the system knows which of the 5 sites to show me. The trigger will be the tricky part....Emergency physicians are shift workers and there is a possibility of 11 different start times. As well my wife works at different jobs and I wouldn't want her walking into the bathroom or pressing the lights on scene and trigger my Waze. Heck....why not set it up for her schedule as well. 

Just want the system to more like Jarvis

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2019 at 7:30 PM, ERDrPC said:

Has anyone thought of a way to combine Waze and C4? I have 5 different sites where I work. I'd love to walk into the master bath and have Waze tell me the expected travel time or better yet time to leave to get there for x time. 

Does Waze have an API that C4 driver creators can use?

Maybe use the T3 TS and the driver that shows webpages. Combine it with the new Google calendar driver so the system knows which of the 5 sites to show me. The trigger will be the tricky part....Emergency physicians are shift workers and there is a possibility of 11 different start times. As well my wife works at different jobs and I wouldn't want her walking into the bathroom or pressing the lights on scene and trigger my Waze. Heck....why not set it up for her schedule as well. 

Just want the system to more like Jarvis

Same exact situation for me. I'm not that good w programming, a buddy is though. Was thinking of using the new calendar agent b/c all my shifts go into WhentoWork and on my gmail to maybe have c4 read that, then get the bathroom ready to my settings, kitchen etc. Could add into that Waze announcement or TS to show the drive time on the Kitchen TS.

I know that Apple Maps and Google Maps both have an API that shows drive time considering real time factors. I use it for a few different things but hadn’t thought about this. Let me play around with it here in a few weeks after I move and see what I can make come of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

The ideal way to use this would be to also have control over your wake up alarm.  Let's say it takes you 40 minutes after you wake up before you leave your house and your average drive time is 30 minutes, so if you target getting to work at 8:30 then your wake up time is 7:20.  But if traffic is bad and your drive is going to be 50 minutes instead of 30 minutes then your alarm should be changed to 7:00.

The only problem with that is that drive time is likely to be moving around a lot and by the time you are ready to leave the house the estimated drive time may have changed a lot due to traffic conditions or deteriorating weather.  

This would be most useful here in Toronto for days when there is substantial snowfall that can significantly affect drive times.

2 hours ago, zaphod said:

The ideal way to use this would be to also have control over your wake up alarm.  Let's say it takes you 40 minutes after you wake up before you leave your house and your average drive time is 30 minutes, so if you target getting to work at 8:30 then your wake up time is 7:20.  But if traffic is bad and your drive is going to be 50 minutes instead of 30 minutes then your alarm should be changed to 7:00.

The only problem with that is that drive time is likely to be moving around a lot and by the time you are ready to leave the house the estimated drive time may have changed a lot due to traffic conditions or deteriorating weather.  

This would be most useful here in Toronto for days when there is substantial snowfall that can significantly affect drive times.

So maybe change the alarm time based on the weather forecast. 😯

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 8:41 PM, mcook_ky said:

I use Alexa as it ties back to C4 to do this and a few other things in the morning “alexa Good Morning”. Tells me the traffic/weather  at that time then again in 25 minutes when I’m heading out.  Turns lights on, morning news on TV, etc.....

Right but they are talking about having C4 read the weather/drive time and adjust your wake-up settings to wake you up earlier. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.