C4 Forums | Control4

Music Services

You don't. You don't have Spotify connect in c4. You are using it on your amp. I would recommend disabling Spotify connect on the amp and then letting me enable it on c4 w room auto on

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

@msgreenf Mitch - I assume the only way to disable the AVR app is through the Spotify app, by “forgetting” the AVR? I went into the settings and couldn’t find a way to remove it or turn it off.

aa2cf5df3a8882320f39f7f2dc6244b7.jpg

The Master Bedroom is the Sonos. You can see the C4 Connection and the AVR Connection. Can come to the LR either way, but can not control the volume on the Spotify app if I play it through the C4 choice, but can with the C4 app or remote. I assume it’s the same source? (Denon Spotify App?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So... a little time spent with Tidal hi res. I like it better than Spotify... nothing to do with the catalog or hi res. Has all to do with the fact that I don’t need my phone to fully use it. I’m not missing anything here, correct?

Ok, that said I still have an issue that may have been asked and answered, but I’m sort of thick skulled sometimes when I don’t get things to work my way.

When I play “any” music in the Master through C4 - I don’t get the same listening experience as I do listening to the same track from the same streaming service on my phone (select MBR Sonos for playback).

The reason is - I have Sonos tuned in the Sonos app for music and then another way for “television” - (enhanced dialogue, etc). So, when I initiate a steam via C4, it plays as if it were “television”. It’s the tiniest things that irritate me. Am I asking too much of C4? This is a state of the art control system. It should behave better - just like having a fan switch under lighting. That really jerks my chain. Come on C4, you can do this. You are the forerunner in residential automation aggregation and control. People have Sonos. It’s a pretty popular option nowadays.

So, is the mode it’s playing through Sonos the default? I’m trying to wrap my head around this. I have to select a music service in Sonos to play it through the streamers app. So I guess Sonos recognizes all of those as music. Help me understand why the Tidal app on C4 isn’t considered music. How is that signal getting to Sonos from C4? Wireless or HDMI through the AVR and extended to the TV and out through the optical cable like video?

I have been watching this thread as I have the same question.

I love my Spotify subscription and checked out tidal.

It has high fidelity music but so does Spotify. Spotify has more artists (will provide source below second link is more recent and comprehensive) and Spotify is quite a bit cheaper than Tidal (not that it really makes a difference at these prices).

Tidal boasts 60mil tracks and Spotify 40mil tracks.

Tidal never use to but now does have a family plan.

There are apps out there that help convert play lists between the two.

Yes plus point is integration and this is highly attractive to me but all the reviews and comparisons I have read really at the end of the day recommend Spotify.

Its a bit of a catch 22. All of the research still leaves me with the same questions and simple ask for proper (like tidal has) integration into the C4 interfaces.

Sources:

https://musconv.com/spotify-vs-tidal/

https://www.gottabemobile.com/tidal-vs-spotify-tidalforall/

https://www.drmare.com/reviews/spotify-vs-tidal-music-comparison.html

You could always get a autonomics mms1e and play Spotify directly through c4 without the need of Spotify connect.  Very similar to old Sonos driver from 2-3 years ago. This would give you seemless Spotify integration.

Just checked out the specs looks very impressive a few questions:

With Spotify how would it manifest in the navigators? Can you see playlist, add to them search for music etc?

I assume you would connect the output to a audio matrix for example where it would then do the zone playing in C4?

I see they support C4 so there must be a driver?

How much is a unit like this?

On 8/3/2019 at 5:11 PM, Cartnj said:

Talking about controlling Coffee making machines. I just got this really cool Jura Giga 6 here and it works with my phone and ipad. Just need my Control4 System to integrate with this thing and I will be set. On a bad note I drink like 7 of these a day. Can order up many types of drinks from your phone.

IMG_5262.jpg

https://www.instructables.com/id/IoT-Enabled-Coffee-Machine/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.